Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AgvirtheSilent
  1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a gsm unlocked pre2 intending to use it as a pda with no data plan. I started it with devmode and installed both preware and impostah. After creating and logging into a palm profile I found that I was able to see and purchase apps from the catalog, but not download them. Everytime I try to download anything from the catalog, paid or free, i get a message saying that the download failed. Eventually I got a message that there was an update for the catalog itself, but this download also failed. In the top left of my device, it still says Check SIM-SOS only, which may be normal even after impostah. I can still download from the preware app so I know it isn't an issue with my internet connection. Has anyone else experienced this before? If so, please help me out. Otherwise, I just bought a very expensive paperweight.
    I had a similar situation to you in that I was using a Veer with no SIM card and had logged into my profile with Impostah and all my App Catalog downloads failed. I adjusted the date & time manually (which was off by several months as it hadn't synced with any network) and, presto, the App Catalog worked! (Paid & free apps work for me, Preferences & Accounts is still greyed out though...)
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgvirtheSilent View Post
    I had a similar situation to you in that I was using a Veer with no SIM card and had logged into my profile with Impostah and all my App Catalog downloads failed. I adjusted the date & time manually (which was off by several months as it hadn't synced with any network) and, presto, the App Catalog worked! (Paid & free apps work for me, Preferences & Accounts is still greyed out though...)
    Was just having this issue.
    So glad I found this fix!

Thank you!!!!