1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if cases made for the Palm Pre (and the plus variant) work with the Pre 2 as well without causing any slider issues or other problems? I'm having trouble finding a case made specifically for the Pre 2 and want to order a case to protect my recently purchased Pre 2. A case is a necessity for me as I am a very clumsy person and drop my phones a lot. If there isn't compatibility with cases for previous models, any case recommendations would be helpful too (I'm trying not to spend a lot, though).

Thanks for any help!
    Hey friskies,

I'm having the same problem finding a decent case for my Pre 2. Seems the vast majority of cases on Amazon are for the Pre and Pre Plus. I ordered a slider case (very cool design, the front and back attach to themselves and not the phone) but it was obviously not made for the 2. There were slight gaps on the sides of the front piece because the Pre 2's face is flat and I suppose the others had a slightly rounded front, and the keypad pulled out tough. So even though I loved the case I stopped using it because I was worried that even though it basically fit it wasn't perfect.

Now I'm deciding whether to shell out money for an Otterbox or the Seidio case, but, again, the ones on Amazon don't specifically say they're for the Pre 2. It's frustrating, almost like the Pre 2 was overlooked because the 3 is already on it's way.
  3.    #3  
    I found a silicone one on the Newegg Marketplace (Newegg.com - Soft Silicone Case for Palm Pre 2 (Black)). I usually use silicone ones since they have been the only type that don't break easily for me so far. However, the item picture depicts an original Pre while the title says Pre 2. I'm not sure on buying it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby2433 View Post
    Hey friskies,

I'm having the same problem finding a decent case for my Pre 2. Seems the vast majority of cases on Amazon are for the Pre and Pre Plus. I ordered a slider case (very cool design, the front and back attach to themselves and not the phone) but it was obviously not made for the 2. There were slight gaps on the sides of the front piece because the Pre 2's face is flat and I suppose the others had a slightly rounded front, and the keypad pulled out tough. So even though I loved the case I stopped using it because I was worried that even though it basically fit it wasn't perfect.

Now I'm deciding whether to shell out money for an Otterbox or the Seidio case, but, again, the ones on Amazon don't specifically say they're for the Pre 2. It's frustrating, almost like the Pre 2 was overlooked because the 3 is already on it's way.
    I'm pretty sure that Seidio does not make a case for the Pre 2. The one on their website are only listed for the Pre and Pre+.
  5.    #5  
    I bought that case from the Newegg Marketplace and it was made for the original Pre, not the Pre 2. It wouldn't stay on the phone.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I bought one of the cases here. Havent received it yet but its the leather pouch type with the belt clip. Trust me i looked everywhere. The reviews on the otterbox said the clips that hold it together break easy. I also bought the 2 piece on you see on ebay with the blue and silver front and the palm capatable back. They dont fit well and the slider doesnt slide well at all. I think it was made by or called the agf case
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
    I bought one of the cases here. Havent received it yet but its the leather pouch type with the belt clip. Trust me i looked everywhere. The reviews on the otterbox said the clips that hold it together break easy. I also bought the 2 piece on you see on ebay with the blue and silver front and the palm capatable back. They dont fit well and the slider doesnt slide well at all. I think it was made by or called the agf case
    Yeah those cases are by AGF and are for the Pre/Pre Plus. I have one on my Pre Plus and they are great. I'd love to find something for the Pre 2 and have seen stuff on eBay...I might break down and order something here soon...

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
  8.    #8  
    I have had no luck finding a Pre 2 GRT case, which is what I'd really like. I have a full-body Phantom Skinz coming soon, but that doesn't provide shock protection from what I've heard. I e-mailed AGF about plans for a Pre 2 GRT case, but I don't know if it'll happen. :/
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Got my leather case from precentral today. Its well built and very nice. Fast delivery also. There were alot of great reviews but alot of concerns about how tight the phone fit. I didnt seem to have that trouble at all just snug enough. If anything i would have liked to see a slightly firmer belt clip but otherwise its great. Obviously it doesnt protect it while you hold it but carrying it its excellent. Its the smartphone experts top pouch. O bought the cocao brandy as it is brown and doesnt conflict with the colors you wear most of the time lol
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I am looking to get a pre 2 off contract to replace my dying pre plus on vzw. I use a belt clip exclusively. I cannot determine if the pre2 will fit into the pre + belt clip, and there are not too many other options out there.
    Thanks!
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I have had no luck finding a Pre 2 GRT case, which is what I'd really like. I have a full-body Phantom Skinz coming soon, but that doesn't provide shock protection from what I've heard. I e-mailed AGF about plans for a Pre 2 GRT case, but I don't know if it'll happen. :/
    This would be awesome, we loved our Sprint cases on the Pre's (same design as GRT). Been rocking the Veers without the cases, but they are under insurance by ATT, and purchased new from authorized retailer (no worry about warranty coverage).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12.    #12  
    I totally forgot about this thread. But anyway, AGF responded and they don't have any plans for making a GRT case for the Pre 2. I wasn't expecting it, but it was worth a try.