Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pixelvandel
  • 2 Post By johnnygewitter
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone! I snagged a touchpad in Australia after heating about the fire sale overseas and stalking many forums to find out if we would follow suit haha. Now I'm hooked! I love webos so much that I've just ordered a pre 2 from the u.s.a. I plan to sell my iPhone 4 and just use the pre and the tp. Best gadget experience yet. I love how everything just flows
    Anyway I just thought I'd say hello to everyone an just tell you guys you have another webos addict! Look forward to the pre experience!
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    Hi and welcome on board the ever-sinking but still floating webOS boat
    netwrkr9 and leobloom like this.
    Welcome to the best kept secret in mobile OSs. Hopefully some other CE manufacturer will recognize that before it comes a footnote in mobile history. It's a shame to think that there are a lot of people discovering WebOS through firesale touchpads who will now have limited options for a WebOS phone.
    Welcome,great to hear a "good news" post for a change.
    I think you'll enjoy your pre2 also.
    And don't forget to get those 2 bad boys patched up

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  5.    #5  
    Oh yeah. The tp is overclocked and patched up and it's great. Anyone have Amy favorite homebrew apps? I've got the Aussie app catalog. Which. Well, I realize now was a mistake haha. But oh well.
    new webos user here as well. Anyone point me to a 101 for hacking the TP and Pre2. TP should be here next week
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    There's no such thing as "hacking" on webOS. We refer to it as patching because we have root access just by enabling developer mode. Welcome to the webOS club!
    You won't be disappointed by the Pre2. Glad you didn't start with the original Pre though. It would make you want to throw it against a wall.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelvandel View Post
    Oh yeah. The tp is overclocked and patched up and it's great. Anyone have Amy favorite homebrew apps? I've got the Aussie app catalog. Which. Well, I realize now was a mistake haha. But oh well.
    just create a new profile and pick US this time before you start buying any apps.
    Australia just got added to the paid app catalog list.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    just create a new profile and pick US this time before you start buying any apps.
    In order to use the US Catalog you need a US CC. See this thread for suggestions

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html