1.    #1  
    Hello, I am trying to get my new Verizon Pre 2 updated to webOS 2.1.0 but it seems that downloading keeps getting stopped and I have to click on the download button every few minutes. The progress has gone as far as to about 50% but that's about it. Is there something wrong with the update or is it just me?
    I think there might be an issue on the servers cuz I'm having the exact same problem as you
    Took me over an hour on wifi. Had to keep clicking download button when it stopped. It eventually worked though.
    I had this issue.. I upgraded on the first day. I had to click the download button like 6 times but eventually all worked perfectly.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

5.    #5  
    well looks like 2 is still having this issue and 2 got it to work. im still not getting the update to download completely.
    This is a issue people are talking about in the touchpad fourms. The consensus is that since there are so many new webOS users and they are all making accounts and downloading updates that the servers are a little over loaded. You can always download the doctor and manually update it. Thats probably the best way anyway because you get fresh new everything.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    This is a issue people are talking about in the touchpad fourms. The consensus is that since there are so many new webOS users and they are all making accounts and downloading updates that the servers are a little over loaded. You can always download the doctor and manually update it. Thats probably the best way anyway because you get fresh new everything.
    Are you suggesting that touchpads and the pre 2's are downloading from the same server?

How is downloading the webOS doctor the same thing as downloading webOS itself?

I want to make sure that I am updating to webOS 2.1.0 properly.
    I don't know if they are from the same server or not but they are having the same issues...

When I updated my phone to 2.1 from the OTA update, it was a little glitchy. I'm not sure why or if it was related. After a few days of a laggy and glitchy phone, I just decided to doctor my phone. If you don't know, the doctor erases everything on your phone (not the USB portion but you should back it up to be safe anyway) and then it restores your apps but not their data. And it gives you a fresh install of the newest webOS.

This is absolutely a proper way to update.

Read here for info about the doctor:
    Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor
  9.    #9  
    Ok I followed your advice, Fuzzy and thanks!
    did everything work out?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    did everything work out?
    yes so far
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Here is the fix; change to wi-fi then continue to press the download bar until it fills. You will see messages like "unpacking" and you will also see it stop and when it does that just hit "download" again and keep doing until it reaches full bar. Then it will go to "validate" and download. Hope this helps. I noticed that the bar kept filling up every time it stopped. Just keep doing it.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    you guys are lucky its not even showing up when i go check for updates, really want this on my new pre2......

edit: even after downloading verizons pre2 doctor, still unable to get 2.1 on my device. i got an error saying "unable to reset your device please contact palm support". something along those lines.
    Last edited by dzee206; 08/28/2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: same results