Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think they will begin offering more stock like the TP? And if so do you think they would ever drop it down to $50 again? I'm kicking myself for getting caught up in the TP madness and not realizing that $50 was an incredible deal. I'm seriously considering grabbing one from eBay for ~150 but don't want to if there's a possibility of HP offering them for even $100 again. Thanks.
    Last edited by nickpro; 08/25/2011 at 01:13 PM.
    I don't think they will. They have contracts with phone companies and at $50.00 they were competing with the new customer discount (Verizon) and renew every two (Verizon) prices. I don't think they want to refund to firesale prices all Pre 2's that have been bought at higher rices.
    The unlocked Pre 2 dropped to $50 on epp (still out of stock though).
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ^^What is eep?
    EPP = Employee Purchase Program

I wonder if Rogers have any left, wouldn't mind picking up to add to the collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    EPP = Employee Purchase Program

I wonder if Rogers have any left, wouldn't mind picking up to add to the collection.
    HP also has a 'exclusive pricing program' that's abbreviated EPP.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    The Employee Purchase Plan price still says $99.99 -- and out of stock.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    After I heard that the Pre2 was selling for $50 on the HP site I tried to get one. My Sprint Pre- is fading fast and NO Pre3 So thought I'd try to get one to FrankenPre on Sprint. Too little, too late--OOS!

They were still listed on SMB site for $409 but I could not get the order to go through on line. I figured they had to match their own price so I called SMB, got through and placed an order--got an order # and confirmation email. Admittedly the CSR said she had no idea about availability--they had lots of phones but also LOTS of orders, but she would place the order and see what happened. After that I could not ever get through on the SMB website to check order status so I called last night and got through. The CSR said the orders were still all on hold.

Just out of curiosity I asked if he had a guess about the likelihood of me getting a phone. He said that he thought the possibility was very good--that they had thousands of phones and would begin shipping them in the next 24-48 hours. So since HP info has historically been so reliable and I believe absolutely everything that HP says, , I'm sure I'll see a Pre2 soon!

Long way to say that you might want to check SMB if you are looking for a Pre2. Time will tell if I scored one.

PS I have a tracking number on the 32GB TP that I ordered on Friday night, 8/19!
    Some dude claiming he an HP employee and selling a horde of Pre 2 bundles on eBay. Starting at $50+ shipping but quickly people bid up to $150.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Some dude claiming he an HP employee and selling a horde of Pre 2 bundles on eBay. Starting at $50+ shipping but quickly people bid up to $150.
    I think I found the Pre 2 horde.
    Ya, they're around 150 now

Edit: There's quite a bit o.o;
    Quote Originally Posted by RHerrick View Post
    After I heard that the Pre2 was selling for $50 on the HP site I tried to get one. My Sprint Pre- is fading fast and NO Pre3 So thought I'd try to get one to FrankenPre on Sprint. Too little, too late--OOS!

They were still listed on SMB site for $409 but I could not get the order to go through on line. I figured they had to match their own price so I called SMB, got through and placed an order--got an order # and confirmation email.

Long way to say that you might want to check SMB if you are looking for a Pre2. Time will tell if I scored one.

PS I have a tracking number on the 32GB TP that I ordered on Friday night, 8/19!
    Can you supply a link for the smart phones on the SMB site? I can only find phone accessories on the SMB site.
    I just went to the SMB page and it looks like they have taken the smartphones off. I actually only made the order by calling them. As late as yesterday the CSR said they had phones. I would try calling them and see if you can place an order that way.

866-625-0242

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by RHerrick View Post
    I just went to the SMB page and it looks like they have taken the smartphones off. I actually only made the order by calling them. As late as yesterday the CSR said they had phones. I would try calling them and see if you can place an order that way.

866-625-0242

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the number. Thought I was going crazy there for a minute.
    i called a day or 2 ago and they said they had none. fml just spent an extra 70 bucks if they're going for the advertised 100 fml even more if they're going for the firesale 50 dollar price

HP IS HANDLING THIS SITUATION SO POORLY
    Another batch showed up this morning, a bit higher starting price at 99. No accessories.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Another batch showed up this morning, a bit higher starting price at 99. No accessories.
    where, link ?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i said eff it and hit craigslist, picked up brand new, sealed of all of the following:

pre 2
    touchstone
    palm leather case

for $110
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetor View Post
    where, link ?
    same place, just higher

and, OOS ALREADY? \
    it was OOS this morning
    Estimated ship time on recent orders is 9/21. Can't tell if they are waiting to get them back from Verizon or what, but if that holds, if might be awhile before the restock, if at all.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    if anyone here still needs one im selling a new verizon one =] make me on offer i paid $160
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast