Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    NpManny where are you located?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    usa, connecticut
    Just and FYI alwayslowest.com has unlocked Pre 2 for less than $150 shipped, if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHerrick View Post
    After I heard that the Pre2 was selling for $50 on the HP site I tried to get one. My Sprint Pre- is fading fast and NO Pre3 So thought I'd try to get one to FrankenPre on Sprint. Too little, too late--OOS!

They were still listed on SMB site for $409 but I could not get the order to go through on line. I figured they had to match their own price so I called SMB, got through and placed an order--got an order # and confirmation email. Admittedly the CSR said she had no idea about availability--they had lots of phones but also LOTS of orders, but she would place the order and see what happened. After that I could not ever get through on the SMB website to check order status so I called last night and got through. The CSR said the orders were still all on hold.

Just out of curiosity I asked if he had a guess about the likelihood of me getting a phone. He said that he thought the possibility was very good--that they had thousands of phones and would begin shipping them in the next 24-48 hours. So since HP info has historically been so reliable and I believe absolutely everything that HP says, , I'm sure I'll see a Pre2 soon!

Long way to say that you might want to check SMB if you are looking for a Pre2. Time will tell if I scored one.

PS I have a tracking number on the 32GB TP that I ordered on Friday night, 8/19!
    Update: Talked to them again last night and the CSR said he was fairly sure I would NOT get a Pre2.

Moral of the story -- HP knows NOTHING!!!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    @PAT THE CAT ... i havent heard of that site before (alwayslowest.com)...are the phones brand new or refurbished?
    Quote Originally Posted by STILLIRISE View Post
    @PAT THE CAT ... i havent heard of that site before (alwayslowest.com)...are the phones brand new or refurbished?
    it doesnt say...
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    still have the verizon one guys its new make me an offer payed 160
    Even though I wished I got the firesale I would buy one off ebay. Buy it now + shipping would be 145. This alwaysslowest.com unlocked pre 2 with no info seems sketcky
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    everything looked like it is/was brand new. No stickers calling out refurb. My first webos device. Had WM, BB, iPhone and Android prior. So far I like it. Just wish it was slightly bigger. OS is pretty slick though.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    Even though I wished I got the firesale I would buy one off ebay. Buy it now + shipping would be 145. This alwaysslowest.com unlocked pre 2 with no info seems sketcky
    I thought so too. But was pleasantly surprised.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    @pat the cat....have you ever used this site before? Some of the reviews are pretty bad...Thanks again
    @pat the cat....have you ever used this site before? Some of the reviews are pretty bad...Thanks again
    they are not that bad. Just google it and type reviews of that website and see if you will give it a try or not. I just did so I would but right now I'm not really looking for anything :/
    no I had never heard them before. I searched for the HP PN for the unlocked version and they came up the lowest so I placed the order half thinking it was bogus. Like I said pleasantly surprised when it showed up all shiny and new
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I ordered an unlocked pre 2 on eBay new a few days ago for 120 shipped in the US. Seller had like 20+ and sold out in about 12 hrs.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    HP IS HANDLING THIS SITUATION SO POORLY
    I think HP Customer Service is doing a great job. They've been handed this mess from Leo and are doing everything they can to get the product out the door.
    I bit the bullet and ordered from AlwaysLowest.com as well. I'll report back if I get the product ever, heh. (Verizon Pre 2)
    Do you know if your AlwaysLowest.com phone is a refurb? I may call and get the unlocked gsm one. I never heard of these people. I guess it is a legit company?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I never heard of them but I ordered a Verizon Pre 2. We'll see what happens in a few days.
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    I got a email from alwayslowest.com today cancelling my order for a verizon pre 2, no stock
    Quote Originally Posted by barbedwiredave View Post
    I got a email from alwayslowest.com today cancelling my order for a verizon pre 2, no stock
    Sorry. I have an unlocked Pre 2. I didn't even look for the Verizon version.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12