Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    If I were to purchase an unlocked Pre2 would I follow the directions to FrankenPre it to get it on Sprint? Or is there another way of doing since t is unlocked?

Thanks,

Tony
    you would follow the same directions but for the meta-doctor process you would use the Sprint unlocked script...WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

good luck - my palm pre 2 is winging its way to me now! Can't wait to start the process!
    --
    Rudra
    follow me on twitter - twitter.com/rudra_banerji
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I ordered a Pre 2 as well. Not sure I can complete the surgery. Does anyone offer a service to switch out the boards?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Folks, an "unlocked" Pre2 is GSM and will never work on Sprint as they are CDMA.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    "Mize" not true, what u change out is the comm board which has the CDMA radio from the original Pre. The process is really easy, just look on YouTube and search "sprint Pre plus" and u will see an 11:53? Video of a guy with grossly long fingernails. Same process as Pre to Pre 2. Just take your time
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    "Mize" not true, what u change out is the comm board which has the CDMA radio from the original Pre. The process is really easy, just look on YouTube and search "sprint Pre plus" and u will see an 11:53? Video of a guy with grossly long fingernails. Same process as Pre to Pre 2. Just take your time
    Ah, my bad.
    Guess I should have googled frankenpre first.

Hmmm...wonder if one could do something similar with a Pre3 and Veer to get an 850/1900/2100 Pre3 going...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0