1.    #1  
    Had to doctor my Pre 2 today and could not get my data to restore.

Contacted Palm via web chat (it is STILL Palm!) and they confirmed that the servers are overloaded and there is a 'false update issue:

4:47 PM AHarmsworth: Are your servers overloaded or down?
    4:48 PM AHarmsworth: I can sign into the site on the web, so id and password are correct.
    4:49 PM Manuel P: yes sir,whats actually happening right now is that there is an ongoing false update problem,so I would need you to solve it by doing this:

With this solution:

4:50 PM Manuel P: Please create a Dummy Profile so to speak,and then log in with that one,once you access the phone,update it,perform a partial erase and log in with your actual profile
    4:50 PM Manuel P: it will automatically solve the issue
    4:51 PM AHarmsworth: thankyou, makes sense, will try that.

Seems PreCentral is also overloaded - posted a question earlier and can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post

Seems PreCentral is also overloaded - posted a question earlier and can't find it.
    Near the upper right corner it says "Welcome, aharmsworth." Click your name, then statistics, then find all posts by aharmsworth.
  3.    #3  
    I tried that, post is not there.

On my issue, the fix did not work. I can sign in with a dummy profile no problem, but can't sign into my own profile.

thinking I can probably wipe the Pre 2 profile and start again since all the Apps are on the touchpad profile anyway and will transfer over. Anybody tried this?