Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes
    giggles, O.K., I'll just keep the 60681 in my Pre 2. Will I have to update later? Will it do it by itself?

I don't know what you're getting at with that quote about "exporting on the pre-"--was that for me? I have all my contacts, no problem (I use CompanionLink to sync Outlook to Google etc.); my profile seems to be fine so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Don't delete anything on your Pre-... once you are done with your Frankenpre, your pre- will still work with all of your installed apps, and wifi. Only the phone module will not work.

The toughest part was the disassembly. The entire process only took an hour or so. The issue may be Mac - I always have issues with the novacom drivers, I think because I had at one point installed an earlier version.

Also, once you have it running, it isn't too hard to readd the Sprint apps (though I haven't had luck with Sprint Navigation, but others have).
    I completed my Frankenpre (pre minus to gsm unlocked pre 2) yesterday with no problems. Spent a lot of time studying and practicing on a spare pre- before getting up the courage to go for it, but was easier than expected.

The post above mentioned the old pre- can be used as wifi-only, however after removing the com board from the pre- there are no longer any battery contacts to power the phone, so I don't know how it can be used -- am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ^ You put the verizon commboard in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I followed the instructions, not sure what went wrong with nav...

There seems to be no issue with the two phones on one profile. Maybe one isn't backing up? It is connected via wifi, and I see the emails and such going to it...
    Hey ka1,

Not sure if you managed to get Sprint Navigator working yet, but I just got it working on my Frankenpre.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. Download the ipkg for Sprint Navigator. I found this here: com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk

2. Put your Frankenpre in dev mode, connect to PC and select "Just Charge" when prompted.

3. Open WebOS Quick Install (You can download here if you don't have it: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-3-1-a.html

4. Click "Tools > Send File" Browse for the ipkg file and select as the file to transfer. Enter "/media/internal/" as the location to send to

5. Download the Palm SDK if you don't have it. You can get it here: https://developer.palm.com/index.php...t=page&id=1661

6. Open the command prompt in Windows (Start>Run>Type CMD)

7. In the command prompt, type cd \program files\palm\sdk\bin
    Note: Choose Program Files or Program File (x86), whichever the Palm SDK is saved to.

8. In the command prompt, type novacom -t open tty://

9. In the command prompt, type ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends

If the command prompt returns an error that the file doesn't exists, repeat steps 3 and 4 and try the command again.

This will install the Sprint Navigator application. Once complete, restart your FrankenPre and give the application a try.

Hope this helps!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234