1.    #1  
    Sprint Frankenpre2 2.1. No problems for 4 months. Last night app catalog became inaccessible (spinning circle). System Backup last backup was 8/21. Dropdown for Palm Profile on System Backup results in spinning circle under "Signing In" when I enter password. Palm Profile missing from Device Info but all other info is correct. All apps and data connections appear functional but battery seems to be draining more than normal. Palm Profile on HP's remote server shows correct MEID & Serial Number. Tried resigning in to profile with Impostah and had success but above issues remain. Attempts to turn off automatic System Backup fail with "You need an internet connection to turn off Automatic Backup" message. Any suggestions? Hesitant to Dr as I may lose apps since link to catalog appears broken. The main issues are no Palm Profile and app catalog access. Other than that working just fine. Any help appreciated
    Last edited by matteebee13; 08/23/2011 at 10:56 AM.
  2.    #2  
    My "Device Name" & "Product" are now missing from HP's Manage My webOS account page now too. Is HP finally shutting down the Frankenpre 2?
  3.    #3  
    I found that the only work around is to install apps via Impostah (thanks again Internals!) unless someone has a way to fix this. I'm hoping to have the System Backup feature restored once my firesale TP arrives and I can sign in to my existing launch day profile again. Does anybody know where I can find a list of the current app ID's? Seems there should be a current list available somewhere...
    Start the FirstUse app and try logging in and reactivating from there. If that doesnt work, try doctoring.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Start the FirstUse app and try logging in and reactivating from there. If that doesnt work, try doctoring.
    Do you know how to re-enable First Use App on a metadoctored device? Should I just take a chance & re-doctor? It's kind of a pain... I can see it in usr/palm/applications. I think I can just replace the appinfo.json file with the original and it will show up. Crossing my fingers and giving it a try.
    Update: No dice, didn't work. Hearing about this issue from a few folks with brand new TP's running 3.0.2. Gonna wait until I actually need to purchase an app (which is rare) since everything seems to be fine otherwise and I can install free apps via Impostah no prob.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 08/23/2011 at 11:12 PM.
    There is a show first use app in the patch feed for Preware if I recall.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    There is a show first use app in the patch feed for Preware if I recall.
    Thanks, but not avail for 2.1.
  8.    #8  
    Broke down and Doctored when I got my TP, didn't want to chance any sync issues. Both devices linked up and smokin fast overclocked. Loving my new setup!!!