1.    #1  
    Sorry folks I've already posted in a couple threads and PM a few of you, but I'm desperate.

HP SMB is trying to charge me $400 for a Pre 2 stating it is a different SKU # than Home & Home Office site.
    After talking to a supervisor the only way they will match the $49.99 price is if I can give them an order # where they have honored that pricing.

I've seen several posts where forum members have said they have ordered at this price point. Would anyone be willing to contact me with a number I could use to resolve this?

Got a fantastic rep named Amanda to take care of this. Price adjusted!
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by alfaverde; 08/23/2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: resolved
    I'd really like to know more about this as well. It's odd that they'd still be charging 400 for the pre2 on the SMB site when their own home site had it for 50.. weird that they won't pricematch themselves!! If you get this sorted, let me know how you did it.. although if they do start selling them for 50 on the smb site, I'm sure they'll be all sold out before I can get an order to go through.
  3.    #3  
    They've already taken the add to cart button off the site so I'm assuming they are sold out now.

There is no way they sold out at $400 a pop! Thus my request for someone to help me out with a valid order # for the $50 price.
    I just called about this.. the guy said that they did lower the prices last night, and sold out. He said the only way to get the price was to call and order through their smb sales department. I expressed sadness about it being discontinued, and told him that I'd been waiting for a Pre2 for a long time, just waiting it to go down in price a little bit.. then when it did go down in price it went down a lot and then instantly sold out. He was a nice guy, but there wasn't anything he could do about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    They've already taken the add to cart button off the site so I'm assuming they are sold out now.

There is no way they sold out at $400 a pop! Thus my request for someone to help me out with a valid order # for the $50 price.

If I were you, I'd be REALLY mad at this point to have been told they weren't matching their own home site, and then have them go ahead and do it for other people anyway... and now they're all sold out. That's really not fair at all.

I actually had one in my cart and had saved it as a quote yesterday (449.99 for the unlocked gsm one), but I guess a quote doesn't guarantee anything.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    If I were you, I'd be REALLY mad at this point to have been told they weren't matching their own home site, and then have them go ahead and do it for other people anyway... and now they're all sold out. That's really not fair at all.

I actually had one in my cart and had saved it as a quote yesterday (449.99 for the unlocked gsm one), but I guess a quote doesn't guarantee anything.
    Yes, extremely upset.

Actually with the fiasco of ordering on Sunday I ended up with 2 orders but cancelled 1 because I didn't want to be one of the vultures trying to make a buck. I figured I'd give someone else a chance at one. As they say nice guys finish last.
    Did you call HP again? The guy I talked to said I could leave my contact info in case they get any more in, they'd call me. I don't think they'll really call me even if they did get in more, but it's worth a try. They were very nice on the phone. The guy said to think positive thoughts and maybe I'd get lucky.
  8.    #8  
    See my edit in the original post.

Amanda was fantastic called me back and took care of the issue even before she called.
    My issue with SMB is that I got an email today stating my estimated ship date is 11/29/2011 and delivery in December. I was going ot call but due to earthquake evacuation and subsequent beer drinking with boss I didn't get around it it. Anyone else order Monday and have this issue?
    wow that's a long time from now. I still don't see anything on my email yet but if it's like then that's too much time.

Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    My issue with SMB is that I got an email today stating my estimated ship date is 11/29/2011 and delivery in December. I was going ot call but due to earthquake evacuation and subsequent beer drinking with boss I didn't get around it it. Anyone else order Monday and have this issue?
    Glad it got all worked out alfa, sorry I couldn't help earlier.

My order shows a ship date of 9/21. A bit disappointed with that, but I'm wondering if they are waiting on shipments from carriers/stores to send them back since the consumer store ran out as quick as the TouchPads did there. I can't imagine you will get it in December though.
    Ok... so the link in the email they sent was to an order status page that gave me the December date. A different link from the website for order status and entering the same info shows a delivery date next week. Not sure what is up with HP's systems but add this on the weekend of broken servers and I'm led to believe they are rather poor at the service market.
    why isn't the order status page working?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Ok... so the link in the email they sent was to an order status page that gave me the December date. A different link from the website for order status and entering the same info shows a delivery date next week. Not sure what is up with HP's systems but add this on the weekend of broken servers and I'm led to believe they are rather poor at the service market.
    Not to defend HP, because they really screwed this up, but SMB is not set up for the kind of volume they experienced over the weekend.

To set things straight concerning the original purpose of this thread, I must say that the original customer service rep, Pepe, did a great job of getting my issue resolved [B][I]when he finally was given the information.[I][B]

He followed up with a phone call to me last night assuring me he would resolve the issue and he had received the info from Amanda and his bosses for the pricing. Then he sent emails out at 12:30am with confirmation. I talked to him at 8am that morning!

HP as a company may not know what they are doing, but there are still dedicated individuals trying to help us as best they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    why isn't the order status page working?
    It's been randomly not working for the last few days.. sometimes it just won't load, sometimes it gives error messages, and sometimes it goes to a "page not found" site instead. Then later on it starts working again.