1.    #1  
    For those of you that were able to install the latest Telenav version (Sprint Nav 2.8 in my case) on your Pre 2, are you getting turn-by-turn speech working? For some reason I don't seem to get any audio while using Sprint Nav.
    Last edited by onlinespending; 08/24/2011 at 02:09 PM.
  2.    #2  
    update:

Is anyone running Navit on a Sprint Franken Pre2? For some reason I am having trouble getting audio out of any navigation related software (Navit and the Sprint Telenav app). I believe there is a special Mojo audioClass called 'navigation' and I know at least Sprint Nav uses this audioClass. Perhaps it's broken with the FrankenPre webOS 2.1 builds. Does Navit use the 'navigation' audioClass? Can anyone with a Sprint FrankenPre confirm that audio works with Navit? Thanks!
    Pretty sure the Navit app uses the speech dispatcher service and not a local library.

Sprint Navi app for my Sprint Pre2 2.1 works with audio. Must be an individual problem.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Pretty sure the Navit app uses the speech dispatcher service and not a local library.

Sprint Navi app for my Sprint Pre2 2.1 works with audio. Must be an individual problem.
    OK thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna do a fresh doctor and see if I can get the audio to work.
  5.    #5  

OK, I started from scratch re-doctoring my Pre. Before I installed any patches or any custom kernels, I installed the Sprint Nav 2.8 app. Still have the audio issue. What sort of FrankenPre do you have? Are you using a Verizon Pre 2 + Sprint comm board. Or an unlocked GSM Pre 2 (likely from HP directly) + Sprint comm board. I'm in the latter camp and my only suspicion is that this combination is at fault. I'm gonna try and hack around with the webOS doctor and use more of the carrier ipk files from the Verizon 2.1 doctor, rather than the WR 2.1 doctor (as does meta-doctor currently). Btw, it's not as if my speaker is broken. All audio works just fine otherwise (alerts, phone calls, and music play just fine over the back speaker). It's just the navigation apps.
    GSM Unlocked Pre2 on a Sprint Pre-, Sprint Nav 2.8.0.24 with webOS 2.1.

Script used:
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  7.    #7  
    GSM Unlocked Pre2 on a Sprint Pre-, Sprint Nav 2.8.0.24 with webOS 2.1.

Script used:
    Hmm. Very strange. I'm using the same setup to a T and can't get audio to work with Sprint Nav. I did a doctor and Navit's audio works, but still no such luck with Sprint Nav. You installed it using 'ipkg install'? No other modifications?
    if using a metadoctor for 2.1, after installation go to software update and it will say webos 2.1 available for download - do this, as it will fix sound instability issues (i think it fixes missing files)