Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So given all the sad unbelievable news I need to make a decision...
    I'm sure Pre 2 stock will be running low.

I was holding out upgrading my Pre+ until the Pre3 arrived on Verizon.

My plan has unlimited data plus the Free 3G mobile hotspot.

Those should be grandfathered into my next phone.
    I will lose my Free 3G mobile hotspot if the phone is not a Pre 2.
    I don't know how long Verizon will keep that deal ($30/m).
    I don't use the hotspot often enough for it to be a real loss though.

So....What do you all think?
    Upgrade to a Pre2 or a Moto Droid 3?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Pre 2 is still a good phone but if you want support (software & hardware) then get the Droid 3
    I just managed to snag an unlocked Pre 2 on eBay for under $200 (sadly I missed HPs fire sale). Anyway, my Pre- is about to stop working so I'm gonna try to do a FrankenPre 2 on Sprint. If I can do that successfully, I'll stick with the Pre 2 until I can find another portrait slider worthy of purchase.

Karla
    sorry to tell u that u could've ordered one direct from hp's small and medium business site for49.99...they're still selling them their at that price point.
    pre 2 out of stock on HP site
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I got my Verizon Pre2 last week after also waiting to see about the Pr3. It arrived the same day as last weeks announcement. I got mine for $4.99 through Verizon.com and added a touchstone for $3.75. So far I am happy with my Pre2 though I miss how the themes worked on the Pre+. Thing I miss most is the 4x4 icons. Seems to be a good phone so far.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoster146 View Post
    sorry to tell u that u could've ordered one direct from hp's small and medium business site for49.99...they're still selling them their at that price point.
    They were out of stock online and the small/medium business line had a 1+ hour wait.

Karla
    i called them up not more than 10 minutes ago and spent maybe 2 or 3 minutes waiting for a rep. seriously.
    Murphy's law. Doesn't it figure?

Now that I bought one on eBay, I'll be able to get through. Watch...it'll happen!

Karla
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    There's much more discussion about this on another thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-firesale.html

I called HP a couple hours ago and placed an order. Unfortunately the rep couldn't promise anything because it's so chaotic and they aren't sure what's left in inventory. But we placed and order to see how things go.

Make sure to be patient and respectful with them. It's Hades for them today.
  11. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I was thinking the same thing but was told by a Verizon rep that I'd loose my free mobile hotspot. I don't Use it often either but plan on using it more with my touchpad. I guess you always have the option of using freetether, its slow however you use it, but it gets the job done for limited web browsing.
    Same dilemma here... waited for Verizon Pre 3, it's not coming, so snagged a new Verizon Pre 2 instead. I'm either the stupidest guy in the world, swimming TOWARDS the Titanic, or smartly holding on to the best smartphone OS until another manufacturer licenses or buys WebOS.

I just don't like iOS (too restricted) and am hesitant about Android (too fragmented, with too many options to choose). WebOS is "Just Right"!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Just called HP's Mobile Solutions, they're out of Pre2's, but the guy said to call be in 24-48 hours.
    My pre2 is a week old and have no regrets whatsoever buying it replace my pre-,plus there's some apps been released today,so it's not all bad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'd love a pre2 if only it had 2100 UMTS for Asia...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I got a Pre 2 in January to replace my dead Pre. I think its a great phone for me. It does exactly what I need. I have it patched and themed how I want it. Now that I have my TouchPad, my Pre 2 has kind of been downgraded to dumbphone+ status. If I want to watch videos, play games, use facebook etc, I use my TouchPad. The Pre is still there if I'm in a meeting and need to glance at an email or calendar item and of course make calls.

Oh, I too have an unlimited data plan so with FreeTether my Pre is my mobile hotspot for my TouchPad...
  17. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I'm trying to find an unlocked Pre 2 now... or even a Rogers Pre 2 that I can unlock...
    tough question- same exact scenario for me.

webOS just works for the way I work...I have the option to upgrade to the pre2 for 4.99, but would need to sign another 2 year contract. Though I've had my pre plus for 18 months thus far, and yet to have gotten bored with it, I'm not sure however I won't get bored after another 18-24 months...especially for a device that surely won't be supported much longer and that won't be getting official software updates or new significant apps.

mobile hot spot is invaluable. Paired with an ipod touch, I'm set for now...however, with each passing day I am lured by some of the other phones on verizon (not very interested in the iphone though).

if I do leave the pre plus for an android on win7 phone...atleast I'll still have my touchpad.
  19.    #19  
    I was ready to pull the trigger yesterday on the Pre 2. I get my full credit on 9/18. So my upgrade cost would have been ~$70.
    The VZ agent informed me that I could probably afford to wait because they had 10,000 Pre 2s in stock. I decided to roll the dice and possibly wait till 9/18.
    I wonder how much longer VZ will honor the free hotspot...?
    Any thoughts on the 10,000 Pre 2s at Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobharp View Post
    I was ready to pull the trigger yesterday on the Pre 2. I get my full credit on 9/18. So my upgrade cost would have been ~$70.
    The VZ agent informed me that I could probably afford to wait because they had 10,000 Pre 2s in stock. I decided to roll the dice and possibly wait till 9/18.
    I wonder how much longer VZ will honor the free hotspot...?
    Any thoughts on the 10,000 Pre 2s at Verizon?
    Do you mean you could get the Pre 2 from Verizon for $70 without contract?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast