1.    #1  
    I've recently bought a Palm Pre 2, and today tried putting some music on it by connecting it to my pc using a usb cable and dragging some music into a folder I named 'Music'.

But when I disconnected the Pre and tried to go on to the music player the animated sync/load icon comes up in the middle of the screen and just stays there, and I can't do anything except close the music player. I tried removing the songs and still the same thing happens. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.

Thanks,

Zobair
    Are your file names all in pure ASCII (i.e. plaintext English)? I had issues with the music player back then if the file names contain double-byte characters (in my case Chinese).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    Yes they are, the problem is there even if there is no music stored. The problem is there with the videos as well, it just stays on the sync screen.
    Here's how ive resolve this on my phone after researching the issue.

1. Install Internalz
    2. Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    3. Luna restart
    4. Might need to snap a photo to get pictures you've taken to show up, but new media you've transferred should be detected now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    what version of webOS do you have?

also, are you using the patches that muffle logging ?
  6.    #6  
    It seems like every time I connect it to my laptop to add or remove music, pictures or videos and disconnect, I have to connect it again, do nothing, and disconnect it again for the music to appear. This is really random and quite annoying to be honest but still works for some reason. I'm ejecting it each time as well, so removing it in a safe way.

Also, I'm only getting speeds for 500KB/s to abour 2MB/s, is this normal? It seems really slow to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what version of webOS do you have?

also, are you using the patches that muffle logging ?
    I'm using version 2.1.0 and I don't really know how to muffle the logging so don't think I'm using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Here's how ive resolve this on my phone after researching the issue.

1. Install Internalz
    2. Delete /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3
    3. Luna restart
    4. Might need to snap a photo to get pictures you've taken to show up, but new media you've transferred should be detected now.

Sounds interesting. What information lead you to do this? I've been having a similar issue where sometimes my photos don't load after I take them, but show up a few days later.

I have also had issue with my music not loading, and noticed that a restart sometimes solved it.
    If you search for music indexing or filenotify.db3 you should find some posts on it. Something about forcing the media files to be indexed again by deleting that file and restarting.

White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html