1.    #1  
    Hello,

My Verizon Pre 2 just started having a really strange issue and I'm hoping someone can help me so I don't have to doctor...

My Pre 2 will not place a call to anyone in my contact list or any *number* in my contact list.

1.) If I "Just type" their name, and then tap their number, the phone dialer pops up with no number pre-populated.

2.) If I open the dialer first, and then type their name, then tap their number, nothing happens at all. It registers my 'tap' by highlighting their number for a split second and then it does nothing.

3.) If I open the dialer, and *manually* dial their number, when I press 'Send', nothing happens. Again it registers my 'tap' by highlighting the button when my finger touches it but then it just does nothing. I can tap the 'Send' button over and over to no avail.

But what's *really* wierd is if I enter a number not in my contact list, it calls that number just fine.

What I've tried:

1.) Software reboot (Hold down power key, turn phone off, then hold down power key and turn phone back on)

2.) Hard reboot (Remove battery, re-insert battery, turn phone back on)

3.) Dial *228 to re-program phone. I was able to make this call (Since it's not in my address book apparently)

I don't really know what else to try. Help please?

-Jeremy
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I'm having the exact same problem! It started around 4:15pm EST. I made a call at 4pm, but then a little while later I couldn't make OR receive calls to/from numbers in my contact list. Voicemail still works, however, as does calling numbers that aren't in my address book. I have fully restarted twice with no luck. Given that numbers outside the address book work, it's got to be a software issue as oppose to something wrong on Verizon's end.

This is very strange, indeed, especially given that we both started having the problem at just about the same time. I have no idea what's going on.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    What version of webOS are you running? I'm still using a meta-doctor build of 2.1 because I haven't gotten around to doctoring up to the official version yet.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem! It started around 4:15pm EST. I made a call at 4pm, but then a little while later I couldn't make OR receive calls to/from numbers in my contact list. Voicemail still works, however, as does calling numbers that aren't in my address book. I have fully restarted twice with no luck. Given that numbers outside the address book work, it's got to be a software issue as oppose to something wrong on Verizon's end.

This is very strange, indeed, especially given that we both started having the problem at just about the same time. I have no idea what's going on.
    strange. Works for me.
    Works for me too no issues.

Running 2.1.0 on US Pre 2. No preware, etc.
  6.    #6  
    Well I tried doctoring, which fixed it until I reloaded preware and patches. One thing to note is that I did not have this problem before I updated to the latest (Birthday) version of Preware. I will try and experiment with some things and see if I can figure it out.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Wow, it didn't even occur to me to try uninstalling patches. I guess the HP announcement has my head all twisted up

Anyhow, after deleting the patch Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs - VZW I can make calls again without issue. I guess we had better get word to Sconix about that one.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    We discovered yesterday afternoon that my wife's Meta-Doctored 2.1.0 VZW Pre 2 was exhibiting the same problem. When I saw others having the same problem, I figured that the VZW OTA Update was somehow borking with the Meta-Doctor image, so I just grabbed the official VZW 2.1.0 Doctor (palm.com\ROM) and applied it. All was fine after. I have not reapplied any of the Advanced patches nor ModeSwitcher, we will be waiting to see if all is ok for a week or so before proceeding.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Had the same issue. Remove the Advanced System Prefs Phone Prefs patch and it fixes the problem. All of the other Advansed System patches work fine.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Had the same issue. Remove the Advanced System Prefs Phone Prefs patch and it fixes the problem. All of the other Advansed System patches work fine.
    Are you running 2.0.1, meta-doctor 2.1, or official 2.1? I'm trying to figure out if the patch is only a problem for meta-doctored devices.
  11.    #11  
    Are you running 2.0.1, meta-doctor 2.1, or official 2.1? I'm trying to figure out if the patch is only a problem for meta-doctored devices.
    I had the issue with Meta-Doctor 2.1, and when I re-doctored I used the official 2.1 from Verizon, which fixed it until I re-applied all of my patches, then it broke again.

So the problem is happening under both meta and non-meta 2.1.

-Jeremy
    Official VZW OTA update 2.1.0.
    Update on phone contact & dialing issues:

After I had installed Advanced Phone Preferences, clicking on a contact would load the number into the dialer, but nothing happened when I tried to place the call. Also, none of the phone shortcuts worked. Keying in a number and trying to place a call would not work either. In fact, I could only dial numbers starting with * or # to Verizon services.

I backed up everything, did a full erase, re-activated phone.

After my apps were re-installed, I put in PreWare and installed my favorite patches next.

I installed all of sconix's Advanced Frameworks, Advanced Systems, and Advanced Menu patches for VZW first. Only afterwards did I install all of the other 30 or so patches I can't live without. Some of them failed, as they caused conflicts with the Advanced patches. Everything is now working beautifully.

This is on a VZW Pre 2, updated OTA to Verizon's 2.1.0. Never been Frankened.

My phone is now absolutely how I want it. Quick, responsive, customized to me!
    I will be keeping it for as long as I can. I really like the form factor of the Pre 2 and was not tempted at all by the Pre 3.
    Last edited by hilm3; 08/25/2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added version