Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    I didn't intend to make it sound like that. It's true tho. I thought there were no more yesterday and it was just a false alarm :/
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    dude how about helping me out and letting me buy one off you
    wow you guys wanna hate me more. What am I supposed to do? I got the order today but it's for people that need a pre2 as well. That's how loyal some people are just like me. I bet my heart and could there will be more available in the next few days or perhaps even tomorrow. When I thought I was doomed yesterday, I get the great news today there were phones in stock. HP needs a break from too many people calling I think. Like I said, I got my receipt but the guy told me it takes from a week or 2 weeks to get my order. I said I ordered 15 and I get bashed on. I would have never ordered those if I knew people didn't want them. Right now the pre2s are on demand and I'm a college student trying to pay for my freakin texbooks. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I did not make a difference that the pre 2s went out today. Tomorrow or next will be another day. Besides it's not yet asured that I'm getting them, lol just gotta wait and see. If ur really out of luck within two weeks, I will still have 4 left over that I can sell to people at a cheap price. I love this place and I'm so not switching to another OS. Webos till I die, or till it dies :/
    Last edited by rigo0523; 08/23/2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Only Pre3 and Veer (with an update) can do SMS and Touch2Share.
    SMS works if you doctor 2.1 on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    SMS works if you doctor 2.1 on.

fyi you need 2.2 for sms. Check again. You cannot send and receive sms on your touchpad.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Weird. I have 2.1.0 on my FrankenPre and I was able to get texts.
    Guys, I need help. Are any of the orders that are being discussed from the SMB side?
    They are trying to charge me $400 saying the Pre 2 is a different SKU#.

Talked to a supervisor and he said the only way to override the price is if I can give them an order # that has been sold on their side for that pricing.

Can someone contact me a # so I can get this resolved? I'll be happy to give out the order # of mine to assure you I'm not trying to scam anyone.

Please PM me if you can help.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    No offense, but not giving out my order #.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I just checked my orders on hp's smb...both the gsm and verizon pre 2 were approved:

"Your order is approved and being sent to order management."

Hope this means they are shipping soon.

@Alfaverde....What's up to a fellow Naptowner....Mine were both placed through hp's smb site
    Try this #888.728.9985

And here is the # they emailed me with one of my confirmations:
    Daniel Ibanez
    Any questions please call Dan 1-800-888-5858ext 7713699
    DIbanez@hp.com
    No offense, but not giving out my order #.
    None taken.

It is a ridiculous request by them but other than cancelling my order that was the only option they gave me.
    Thanks tdoom.

Dan is out until Monday but I left a message with the rep covering for him.
    Weird. I have 2.1.0 on my FrankenPre and I was able to get texts.
    when you first pair your webOS phone with the touchpad it will get all the messages in your phone, both sms and gtalk and other messages.

it stops there. You cannot send or receive text messages from your touchpad anymore after that. You can still however get messages form your gtalk, yahoo messenger and other synergy accounts. Not sms/text messages.

try it. You'll see what I mean.

hope that clarifies things.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    Thanks tdoom.

Dan is out until Monday but I left a message with the rep covering for him.
    He placed my second order, if you look back a couple pages I gave the number and ext for the girl who placed my first order...her name was amanda. May also be worth a shot. I would honestly just keep calling back til you get someone who will override the price for you, perhaps ask for a manager.

When speaking to both reps, they had to manually override the price to give me the $400 discount. I called a total of 3 times, the 2nd guy was a jerk off, so I hung up and call back and got Dan. Goodluck!
    OMG, I should have come to this forum yesterday. I did call them the first thing yesterday morning at 8am EST. The rep told me that it was the touchpad went on sale, not the smart phones. Then she was about to transfer me to HP home appliances dept and I said no. Apparently she had no idea the firesale price of the smartphones...I should have kept on calling...
    Anyone has luck today? Please pm me. I really wanna get a pre 2!!! TIA.
    crap I feel guilty for ordering so many now
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    crap I feel guilty for ordering so many now
    Don't want to tell you what to do as you are obviously free to do whatever you want, including buying 100 tp's, but since youre already profiting quite handsomly from the other 10 you sold, you may give a chance to some members here who missed out and are true webOS fans a shot at purchasing those for a fair price.

I ordered 2 touchpads, and 2 pres. I will only be keeping one of each (assuming I even get them, not looking good on the touchpads but fingers crossed!), but I will be selling the other 2 at cost here on precentral...I know what it's like to try frantically to get something you want so bad and then not get it...Perhaps we could set up something here for people wanting to sell extra at a reasonable price to those who missed out. Hard to do and execute, but just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    Don't want to tell you what to do as you are obviously free to do whatever you want, including buying 100 tp's, but since youre already profiting quite handsomly from the other 10 you sold, you may give a chance to some members here who missed out and are true webOS fans a shot at purchasing those for a fair price.

I ordered 2 touchpads, and 2 pres. I will only be keeping one of each (assuming I even get them, not looking good on the touchpads but fingers crossed!), but I will be selling the other 2 at cost here on precentral...I know what it's like to try frantically to get something you want so bad and then not get it...Perhaps we could set up something here for people wanting to sell extra at a reasonable price to those who missed out. Hard to do and execute, but just a thought.
    In for this. I only want ONE pre2...
    well when do I get mine? They didn't even give me a tracking number. It says "they will ship as they are available" I also noticed they took the money already I paid for all the pre2s. The guy said from a week or two I will have them but how can I get a tracking number? He said it will be shipped through UPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post

tdoom, keep me in mind being as we're local.
    If I can't get this price adjustment fiasco straightened out today I'm going to have to cancel in the morning. I don't have a job that allows me to be on the phone waiting for reps all day.
    Well I shot a call off to both home and SMB and it seems like they set up a temporary call center for webOS devices. Seems like everything is out of stock and the phones won't be getting any restocks from the three people I talked to.

I've resulted to lurking forums to see if anyone is selling any extra pre 2s or veers for little mark up. It doesn't look like I'll be lucky from the looks of the marketplace.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast