Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoster146 View Post
    okay folks, did i screw up? i ordered the unlocked version of the pre2. it's apparently gsm. is this going to work for me? I'm on Sprint. Should I have ordered the Verizon version?
    Either version of the Pre 2 (GSM or VZ CDMA) can be used to make a Sprint FrankenPre, although the process is slightly different depending on which you start with.
    thank you !
    i just got off the phone with a smb rep he said that they are getting a count on how many they have and then he will call me back
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just ordered one Verizon Pre 2
    just talked to another rep and he said i can put an order in but it will be a 50/50 shot if i get one.
    I just went online and at My Verizon and got a Pre 2 for $49.99. I was due for a discounted upgrade not the New Every Two. It did not change my data plan either. It still shows me with unlimited personal email and web for $29.99. There is nothing wrong with my Pre Plus, But I figure this Pre 2 will last me till the webOS thing shakes out one way or the other. And I still have my Pre Plus in a drawer for back up in case something happens to the Pre2. Did not want to switch platforms at this point, I have over 400 contacts that I would not be able to move over to WP7 Apple or Android. That would be a pain in the rear for me.
    Took about five tries to get through and ordering one of each now...never know! The manager said there's no telling if they're in stock or not since the volume of inquiries crashed the system, but the sales rep said they'll likely have plenty. In either case it's 48-72 hours until they really know and the orders will be processed. Thanks for all the great posts, keep it going!

I just hope that backend carrier support lasts at least another year...or two :-)
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Just ordered 3 FOR $49.00 each. He said that the can't guarantee stock, but I shouldn't have any problems getting a phone. Got though with no holding.
    just called.... Out of stock :'(
    Called the 1-866-807-7196 number for HP Home and Office Support. Pressed "3" for purchasing HP Palm Phones. Got a weird dial error, but called again. Got through, but got a disconnect message (could be weak signal or they hung up on me). You get automatically transferred around 2-3 times from departments.

I talked to the CS agent and she said that she couldn't place the order because they use the same HP website as consumers so she is getting the out of stock option at the moment too. She said that normally items are only out of stock for 24-48 so to just call everyday to get an update on the stock.

I'll mainly be following this thread however to see if anyone spots something I don't see.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I received a conformation email of my order. But, it says "pending approval by HP" and shipments date of 09/21/11. :\
    I just ordered mine I was about to buy one from Ebay for 350.00 dollars, i thought hmm..i should check my friendly neighborhood PreCentral community threads first. Thank God! In spite of all this BS I'm sticking to Sprint, sticking to WebOS, and sticking to this community. Call 1-888-728-9985 went straight through, spoke to a great representative. Mark Garcia, if I ever meet you, drinks are on me
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I just went online and at My Verizon and got a Pre 2 for $49.99. I was due for a discounted upgrade not the New Every Two. It did not change my data plan either. It still shows me with unlimited personal email and web for $29.99. There is nothing wrong with my Pre Plus, But I figure this Pre 2 will last me till the webOS thing shakes out one way or the other. And I still have my Pre Plus in a drawer for back up in case something happens to the Pre2. Did not want to switch platforms at this point, I have over 400 contacts that I would not be able to move over to WP7 Apple or Android. That would be a pain in the rear for me.
    You got my hopes up. Its still showing $399 for me :-(.

Actually, you can export your contacts from your palm profile. I pulled a CSV from my Pre- about a year ago. I forget what exactly to do, but basically you put in one of the ## codes into the dialer, it drops a text file on the device, then you fish it off via USB, then import it into contacts.google.com and you win the game.
    I'm still on hold.... I'm going threw the SMB side... fingers crossed.... and nothing... "sold out" can't put me on a list and can't sell me an empty box...

But Bob was nice. Said "high call volume is an understatement." He can't even get a line to call his own tech support!
    Pre+ on Big V
    w/ screenstate 500/800
    Thank you PC and Preware!
    Called the 1-888-728-9985 number and had the CS agent price match the phone down. He had to go verify it and was accepted. I ordered 2 of each version.

Now my question is what is the $30 rebate they are talking about? I swear if anyone tells Slickdeals this... I will murder them. Keep it a secret for true WebOS fans and not profiteers.

Save $30 with instant rebate when purchased with a Palm Phone
    Edit: Wrong phone number
    Last edited by Abyssul; 08/22/2011 at 12:59 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Its still 'available' for $409 on the SMB site. Thinking about calling them to see if I can get a price match on them. If anyone else happens to do this, let us know! I'd love to Franken my aging Pre-
    Just talked to SMB on the phone (Mon 12 PM) and they are offering the $49 price even though the website is still showing $409. Ordered 2 unlocked GSM and and a Verizon from them.
    I just placed an order through the HP rep who initially contacted me to purchase a Touchpad.
    Got a confirmation - estimated ship date 9/21 (?!?!?!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    I just placed an order through the HP rep who initially contacted me to purchase a Touchpad.
    Got a confirmation - estimated ship date 9/21 (?!?!?!)
    My confirmation says the same thing, but the rep told me that it is just a placeholder. They need to confirm how much they have in stock. If we don't receive one in about two weeks, we should call back.

I really hope they are not sold out. It sucks living on the West Coast and always being 3 hours late to the party.
    Well I called back....still no luck. Guess no matter how nice I am that wont do it... For a chuckle I called Verizon asked for a price match... "it's 150$ w/ a 50$ !mail-in! rebate" she told me. "Not today." I told her.
    Pre+ on Big V
    w/ screenstate 500/800
    Thank you PC and Preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    My confirmation says the same thing, but the rep told me that it is just a placeholder. They need to confirm how much they have in stock. If we don't receive one in about two weeks, we should call back.

I really hope they are not sold out. It sucks living on the West Coast and always being 3 hours late to the party.
    If you check the order status online does it also show: "We are unable to process your order, please contact a representative at 1-800-888-9909."?
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast