Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
Like Tree31Likes
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    No Verizon has a supply of Pre2s it is HP that no longer has any. You cannot buy a Pre2 from Verizon for that price unless you qualify for an upgrade or you are a new customer. HP's were no contract for that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I did that exact thing back in July. I was eligible for the $4.99 upgrade, however my wife need to replace her Pre+. I got the upgrade and then had it activated on her line.
    Did they give you any grief about it when you brought it into the store? I mean, is it possible that they would refuse to activate it on my line?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ^I have done the same on sprint and I imagine its the same on verizon. You can even activate it online yourself. or take it in store and they will glady help you. There should be no problems.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petiole View Post
    Did they give you any grief about it when you brought it into the store? I mean, is it possible that they would refuse to activate it on my line?
    I actually did the switch/activation over the phone (just don't use any of the lines you are swapping), they were very helpful.

It might be possible to do the swap online. I activated the Pre2 that I got from ebay entirely online, only took a few minutes.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    That's awesome. And, with Synergy all the info should sync up right away with the new phone, too, correct? As in, I wouldn't need to go into a store for them to transfer the stuff off of my phone, as usual.

I'm going to order the one from Verizon today, and if we get lucky and the Pre3 comes out, then I'll pass the Pre2 down to my husband (who also has a Pre+, and I'll take the Pre3!

Muuuhahahaha
    hp killed off webos and smart phones small chance they may bring it back but doubt it there is not going to be a pre 3 on verizon sorry
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    hp killed off webos and smart phones small chance they may bring it back but doubt it there is not going to be a pre 3 on verizon sorry
    Yha there is..... They're on ebay.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petiole View Post
    That's awesome. And, with Synergy all the info should sync up right away with the new phone, too, correct? As in, I wouldn't need to go into a store for them to transfer the stuff off of my phone, as usual.

I'm going to order the one from Verizon today, and if we get lucky and the Pre3 comes out, then I'll pass the Pre2 down to my husband (who also has a Pre+, and I'll take the Pre3!

Muuuhahahaha
    Yes all of your Synergy info will return auto-Magically, however if you care about your app data (Angry Birds Levels etc) you should install the Save/Restore app from preware and once run copy the saverestore folder to your pc. You can then copy this folder to your new Pre2 and use it once you install Save/Restore to restore your app data. Enjoy your new Pre2.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Interesting...Verizon has raised the price of upgrade/renewal to a Pre2 from $49.99 to $149.99
    That's why I bought a Palm Pre 2, for 150 dollars from ebay. No Contract which means I stay on my old contract and I have a brand new Pre 2 coming sometime this week. I can then use my upgrade on something else, or if webos gets resurrected somehow to a new webos device. I don't see myself spending 149 for a two year commitment on a iffy at best webos ecosystem.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1eye View Post
    Interesting...Verizon has raised the price of upgrade/renewal to a Pre2 from $49.99 to $149.99
    yeah, was just on Verizon Web site and noticed the same thing. Came here to see whats going on.

Why would they increase the price at this time. Maybe inventory levels are extremely low.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    yeah, was just on Verizon Web site and noticed the same thing. Came here to see whats going on.

Why would they increase the price at this time. Maybe inventory levels are extremely low.
    Beats the heck out of me. My initial thought is perhaps they ARE going to release the Pre 3 and are testing the waters on pricing.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1eye View Post
    Beats the heck out of me. My initial thought is perhaps they ARE going to release the Pre 3 and are testing the waters on pricing.
    Is that even a possibility (offering the Pre 3) at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    Is that even a possibility (offering the Pre 3) at this point
    If they've already got a warehouse full of them, why not?
    It would be in keeping with the "do whatever possible to maximize aggravation and outrage amongst WebOS customers" strategy spearheaded by HP.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    It would be in keeping with the "do whatever possible to maximize aggravation and outrage amongst WebOS customers" strategy spearheaded by HP.
    Well? What are they waiting for? Lets see the goods.
    I would guess that whatever promotional pricing deal was in the system fell out based on the date. I would also guess that if they get low they might jack the price up to keep some spares - but I would be guessing - I have zero knowledge about this specifically.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    That makes sense, and probably more likely then they are about to release the 3
    I went ahead and ordered the Pre2 and switched to Verizon from Sprint. I really hope that an update comes soon so that I can do SMS on my Touchpad...
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122