Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    I might get an iPhone 5 too, but I'm really liking the windows phone 7. My perfect world would be living in the windows 8 world. I ultimately think (if they can pull it off) having a windows 8 tablet PC (which can run full windows when docked) and a windows phone 8 would be the ultimate solution, but thats a year or two off.

I can imagine a world where you don't need a million tricks to make your tablet have the function of a PC, with a file system etc would be ideal. Plus windows has the most "apps" out of any OS. Plus full blown web content etc. The phone could hook up to the tablet and the interface would be the same so you can remotely run smaller versions of your PC apps on your phone.

WebOS would have been nice though, the ease of use is out of this world and I could have rocked it for a few years.
    I got the bad news as well, guess I will have to use the $49 pixi I bought a few months ago, or stick with android. I had to give up my launch day pre when we switched to Verizon.
    Cancelled as well. I bit the bullet and bought one for $150 on eBay. I figured I'd kick myself more if my current Pre 2 died before I'm ready to make my peace with webOS and move on :-) than I'll kick myself for paying $150 for a phone I never end up using.

If you're thinking about getting one from eBay, it does seem like the stock of Verizon Pre 2 in the $150ish range is drying up.
    For the folks that didn't get a Verizon Pre 2 this might be another solution. Amazon has the Verizon Pre Plus for $99.
    Better off buying a Verizon Pixi Plus for $40, just like the pre plus, it will only run webos 1.4.5. If you want webos 2+ you need a minimum pre 2 here in the states. Unless you hack it over ofcourse.
    I got a cancellation email last night as well.

ordered 1pm Aug 21, for confirmation email on Aug 25. Got a pending transaction on my credit card since then for a week then the transaction disappeared. Called them last week and was assured of a phone, but k guess they lied again.

last night I got the email and was so disappointed!

thinking of getting the pre2 in ebay or just go ahead with the android phone. Still in the fence.

I have a veer tho, but my contract is with Verizon. I have the unlimited data grandfathered in to my plan...so I dont know.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I just got the e-mail. Nuts.
    And cancelled.
    Verizon recently dropped the upgrade and new contract price on the Pre 2 to 4.99. I ordered one today. : ) Wish they weren't being discontinued.... Now I'm just waiting for my backordered/confirmed Touchpad to arrive. I'll be set with WebOs for at least a couple more years.

The Verizon rep. At the local store said they usually bad-mouthed the Palm phones, but then he mentioned that the smartest customer they have owns a Pre2.... Go figure. Take Care
    Last edited by Btravelen; 09/17/2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Of those who have received cancellation emails, does your online order status reflect the cancellation? I have not received a cancellation email and my online order status still has the Sept 21st shipping date.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I also got canceled... sad face
    (My Pre 2 order that is)
    Pre+ on Big V
    w/ screenstate 500/800
    Thank you PC and Preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Of those who have received cancellation emails, does your online order status reflect the cancellation? I have not received a cancellation email and my online order status still has the Sept 21st shipping date.
    I just received me cancellation from HP. And I looked up my order and it said, No orders found. So yeah, if you receive the cancellation; you probably will get the "No Orders" on your online order. Now, I got to keep my Palm Pre Plus going until at least January 2012, before ordering my Wphone 7. I don't think anybody's going to take over or license WebOS. What a waste!
    way2muchkc4u likes this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    My shipping date has come and gone and now when I look up my order it say No orders found. Never received a cancellation email but it looks like I am also SOL. Luckily I got a $150 Pre2 from ebay.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm a little late coming to this party, and could just use a bit of clarification. Folks seem to be talking about ordering Pre2's from both Verizon and HP. I was just on the Verizon site this morning, where it still has Pre2's for $49.99, and was thinking about upgrading my Pre+ since it looks like the Pre3 isn't going to be released.

Are people saying that even though Verizon's site will let you order one, they don't actually have them?
    Last edited by petiole; 09/23/2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    No Verizon has a supply of Pre2s it is HP that no longer has any. You cannot buy a Pre2 from Verizon for that price unless you qualify for an upgrade or you are a new customer. HP's were no contract for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by petiole View Post
    I'm a little late coming to this party, and could just use a bit of clarification. Folks seem to be talking about ordering Pre2's from both Verizon and HP. I was just on the Verizon site this morning, where it still has Pre2's for $49.99, and was thinking about upgrading my Pre+ since it looks like the Pre3 isn't going to be released.

Are people saying that even though Verizon's site will let you order one, they don't actually have them?
    A few posts up someone said you could get them from Verizon with a 2 year contract for $4.99. maybe it was a typo though.
    Quote Originally Posted by superbrogue View Post
    A few posts up someone said you could get them from Verizon with a 2 year contract for $4.99. maybe it was a typo though.
    A couple of people have special offers popping up on their accounts to get that price.
    WOOHOO!!! Just got my Pre 2s! HP got in contact with the person they accidentally shipped my goods to and had them resend it to me. Got two unlocked instead of the one Verizon and one unlocked I ordered, but I sure as hell ain't complainin. Looks like I'll be hangin around here for a couple more years.
    Sprint FrankenPre 2
    webOS 2.2.4
    Verizon donor
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    No Verizon has a supply of Pre2s it is HP that no longer has any. You cannot buy a Pre2 from Verizon for that price unless you qualify for an upgrade or you are a new customer. HP's were no contract for that price.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense, then.

I was really hoping for a Pre3, but I might just have to bite the bullet and grab a Pre2. I'd like the webOS updates that I can't get with my Pre+, and the improved hardware would be nice as well. Now, if the keyboard only types better....

EDIT: As luck would have it, my husband's line is eligible for the $4.99 upgrade on Verizon, but my line would have to pay the full price of $399.00. OMG!!! Does anyone know if we could actually order it online with his $4.99 price, but then take it into a Verizon store, and get it activated on my line, rather than his?
    Last edited by petiole; 09/23/2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: new info/clarification
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petiole View Post
    Ah, ok. That makes sense, then.

I was really hoping for a Pre3, but I might just have to bite the bullet and grab a Pre2. I'd like the webOS updates that I can't get with my Pre+, and the improved hardware would be nice as well. Now, if the keyboard only types better....

EDIT: As luck would have it, my husband's line is eligible for the $4.99 upgrade on Verizon, but my line would have to pay the full price of $399.00. OMG!!! Does anyone know if we could actually order it online with his $4.99 price, but then take it into a Verizon store, and get it activated on my line, rather than his?
    I did that exact thing back in July. I was eligible for the $4.99 upgrade, however my wife need to replace her Pre+. I got the upgrade and then had it activated on her line.