Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    Did they state that through the email? I would contact them again on that one.
    Yes. This was in response to my questions about how many times I had been told it would be shipping that day, details on orders fulfilled and those still pending, and other things. They spent a couple days researching the issue and finally got back to me.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure this is the final word. My guess is that they have a few units here and there that are going out, but other than that, that's all she wrote.

The eBay stock has been declining as well, so that tells me that shipments out have slowed to a trickle. Spigot is probably going to turn off soon.
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Yes. This was in response to my questions about how many times I had been told it would be shipping that day, details on orders fulfilled and those still pending, and other things. They spent a couple days researching the issue and finally got back to me.

Call me pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure this is the final word. My guess is that they have a few units here and there that are going out, but other than that, that's all she wrote.

The eBay stock has been declining as well, so that tells me that shipments out have slowed to a trickle. Spigot is probably going to turn off soon.
    What a bummer! 3 weeks of waiting and now this.
    if that's true, that sucks for all those that haven't received them. i must've gotten in just under the wire - it was delivered to my home today.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    if that's true, that sucks for all those that haven't received them. i must've gotten in just under the wire - it was delivered to my home today.
    when did you order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    when did you order?
    8/22 at 5:30pm EST
  6.    #366  
    I ordered 8/21 at about 1:00 Pacific. No sign of any shipping yet although my order status has always shown it being allotted
    I ordered my VZW Palm Pre 2 August 22, @ 11:00 A.M. And it has consistently showed 9/22 as when I can expect it. I would contact a CSR and ask for a them to check again!
    So does anyone actually think that shipping on 9/22 is a logical date? Is that the estimated time based on how many orders are backed up, are they getting a shipment in then, or maybe it is a random date that will change to 9/23 and keep adding a day when it comes to pass, forever?
    When I spoke to HP a couple days ago, the rep couldn't tell me whether or not I'd get a phone and downplayed the reliability of the estimated ship date. I'm not sure whether to expect to get one or not. I'd like to get it; I have one already that I'm love and wanted to have a backup to hopefully stretch out how long I will have a webOS phone, but I'm not sure if I want to drop $150 on eBay to get one not knowing just how long it will keep its functionality (at some point HP is going to turn off the servers, right? And who knows what sort of cooperation is required from Verizon and when they decide to stop doing so.)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    If you plan to keep a webos phone as long as you can why dont you just get it from verizon for 49.00?
    I got my current Verizon Pre 2 early this year, so I'm not eligible for a discounted upgrade and would have to pay their full retail price to buy it from Verizon. Or is Verizon doing a clearance sale of their Pre 2?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I dont think they are, I called a couple weeks ago and they said with out contract it was somehere arounf 400 dollars.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I bought a Pre2 (GSM) and a Veer from the HP Small Biz store about a month ago. Took a while, but last week, they finally came in. Sad thing is, I'm still on Sprint (until I get my Pre3 in the mail) so now, they are just sitting on my desk along with my $50 Amazon Panda Veer.

Gf and I are both on FrankenPre2s. When we make the move to AT&T, I'll put the two GSM Pre2s back together, send one or two to family overseas, and rock my Pre3 and Veer by swapping the SIM card (but using different profiles.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I was also on sprint for almost 10 years, I also switched to att for my pre 2 and have a veer on the way and working on getting a pre 3 soon, att might be a little more expensive but now I have 3 phones i can choose to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhanz View Post
    So does anyone actually think that shipping on 9/22 is a logical date? Is that the estimated time based on how many orders are backed up, are they getting a shipment in then, or maybe it is a random date that will change to 9/23 and keep adding a day when it comes to pass, forever?
    To get an idea how meaningless that 9/22 date is, I received my phone yesterday (verizon pre2), and when I went to the Order Status Details page just this morning, it said est ship date 9/21/11, est delivery date 9/22/11.

What got things rolling for me was a call last week where they said my part # was wrong. That was Wednesday. It shipped out Friday, and was delivered yesterday (as part of the snafu the CSR upped me to priority shipping free of charge).

In other words - call if you can. ask about the part number being wrong, or anything else you can think of.
    Well I called, the rep said they were all out and they were trying to come up with something and were going to email me what they decided to do. I don't expect an email, I bet they were trying to get me off the phone again. Thing is I called in two other times before this and they said I was getting it, and it would ship the next day.

We will see what happens but HP really doesn't know how to handle itself. I had a similar problem with Dell 2 years ago when I got 4 different stories about why they canceled my camcorder order. I took the $250k a year I spent with them and moved it to Lenovo. It might not have had anything to do with my regular business but it showed how they treated the "regular guy". I was used to them sucking up to me and taking me out for steaks every other month before I tried to do business with them as a consumer. It definately pays to sweat the little things.
    Well thats weird, I just checked my status, and instead of the usual planned delivery date = today's date / Ship date = a few days before todays date, it says deliver on 9/21 / Ship date 9/18 . This is the first time the pattern changed in 2 weeks! Don't know if its good or bad but at least its different.

Edit: And they have a pending charge on my card. Last time there was a pending for that amount was almost 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by vanhanz; 09/13/2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added info
    Who is everyone calling? Sales or Support?

I called Support earlier today, waited about 10 minutes and the CSR was quite curt with a "The item is available and should be shipping today, good bye"

Just called Sales and there was no wait and the CSR gave pretty much the same answer, but was friendlier.

I wasn't pushy on either call, just asked for an update on my order.
    The first two times I called sales(within the last 3 weeks), this last time (today) I called support. I also just asked for a status on my order. Still no update from HP
    I ordered mine on 24-Aug-2011 and over the phone they told me I'm still getting it in 2-3 weeks. This was last week.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.