Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    What kind of email was it? I placed my order on the 21st but they put my email address in wrong so I don't know if I got the confirmation but I am in their order system because called and got my order number and can look it up in the order status link.

Did anything change on your order status?
    Just got my $50.00 Verizon Pre 2 Friday, ordered it on Wednesday!
    I am still trying to get a TouchPad, My Amazon order was cancelled.

I will wait for my Pre Plus to give up before activating the Pre 2.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    Just got my $50.00 Verizon Pre 2 Friday, ordered it on Wednesday!
    I am still trying to get a TouchPad, My Amazon order was cancelled.

I will wait for my Pre Plus to give up before activating the Pre 2.
    Did you order from HP? I thought they stopped taking orders on Monday. Mine still says ship 9/22 and I ordered 8/21!
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhanz View Post
    Did you order from HP? I thought they stopped taking orders on Monday. Mine still says ship 9/22 and I ordered 8/21!
    If you saved the pre 2 as quote in your account before 8/21, you would still be able to add it to cart within one month. I did it this way on last Wednesday and my pre 2 would arrive tomorrow.
    Well if anyone wants to sell an extra at a reasonable price, consider me in the market. I guess no more will be coming available.
    I just called and was told that my order is shipping today. I ordered Monday morning and got a second email last week confirming my order. The order status had changed to show quantity ordered=quantity allocated. The rep told me they had them in stock (but that might just mean in reference to previously-placed orders).

I also asked about TouchPads because I have an order for one of those pending. She said they were confirming production capacity with the factory and hoped to have more availability within 3-4 weeks if they can produce more.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    I just called and was told that my order is shipping today. I ordered Monday morning and got a second email last week confirming my order. The order status had changed to show quantity ordered=quantity allocated. The rep told me they had them in stock (but that might just mean in reference to previously-placed orders).

I also asked about TouchPads because I have an order for one of those pending. She said they were confirming production capacity with the factory and hoped to have more availability within 3-4 weeks if they can produce more.
    That is good news! Mine has had quantity allocated since Wednesday, I'm thinking they were waiting to get restocked so they could fill the orders from last weekend. Hopefully mine will ship today!
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    And like I said, businesses would never survive if they get something and sell it for the same price.
    That's an amusing commentary given the context of these firesales.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    My order from HP Small Business says estimated ship date of 9/21. Hopefully it's sooner than that.
    hey I'm just a kid starting college and I'm trying to pay for books. Why can't people understand that? Webos internals charges for conversion of frankenpre so that means they should do it for free and even pay for S&H to send it back to us? That's not how it works.

if HP sold them at $50 is because they already knew their pres and touchpads were a failure in the market. Either throw them away or sell them at a small price? Hmm, the only people that really got the phones are people from precentral. There is so few of us loyal webos users and this is the main reason HP got rid of us. Mostly people getting more than 5 are selling them on ebay or elsewhere for more than $150. And here I am trying to make money for my books for less than $90 each and yet I have haters. Go to ebay, or elsewhere and ull see I'm selling them a really cheap price.

I'm frustrated now and I'm a week away from starting my freshman year :/ not good :/

Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Take it easy pal - that was aimed at HP's lack of business sense, not yours. Deep breaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    hey I'm just a kid starting college and I'm trying to pay for books.
    Congrats on starting college. I got my first Palm device (Palm III) back in college. Have fun and study hard.

Reselling when you spot an undervalued asset is a major sector of our economy (hedge funds and private equity do this). But that is not always desirable.

For example, suppose you live in Arizona. One enterprising individual could buy up all the water rights from the utility for cheap, then sell water to the citizens for market prices, which would be quite high. Perhaps it was stupid for the utility to set their prices that low. But our enterprising individual is in effect taking advantage of a scarce resource by buying up more than he needs, making it even more scarce, and then using that demand to make a profit.

People don't like this kind of behavior. That doesn't mean that you cannot do it.
    well my sub order finally went through. Sadly I ordered a unlocked gsm palm pre2 from ebay yesterday! Erg. Anyone want to get that one from me since its too late to cancel?

I paid 125 plus 11 for shipping... Match that and I'll mail it out the moment I get it, supposed to be here weds.
    <<thread cleansed>>

Please keep the comments on-topic and away from arguing and personal insults.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    well my sub order finally went through. Sadly I ordered a unlocked gsm palm pre2 from ebay yesterday! Erg. Anyone want to get that one from me since its too late to cancel?

I paid 125 plus 11 for shipping... Match that and I'll mail it out the moment I get it, supposed to be here weds.

I will buy it from you, pm me with the details please
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Just got shipping confirmation email on an unlocked Pre 2 ordered monday at around 1. So excited for it to get here
    HP SMB decided to place two holds on my bank account for the same amount for my order. I'm going to have to call them soon, especially if they charge me twice....

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just received email conformation for my pre 2's.
    Just got done talking to the CSR that I've been going through; and she says that my order has been pushed back to the 21 Sept 2011. I told her that I was still showing a planned deliver of 02 Sept 2011, but she said that the order form that I'm looking at is not as accurate as the one that she has been looking through. I'll keep up the hope! No telling how long it'll be before my order comes in. I don't think it'll be all the way until Sept 21st though!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    My order placed last Monday for shipped this past Monday, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I ordered from HP SMB on the phone.
    I wish I could have scored 2 $49 Pre2s. Better yet, $99 Pre3's sound nice. I'm in love with my cheap tablet. However, as a webOS faithful, I really wish I could have upgraded my two Pre Plus lines.