Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. vlok16's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ever since I updated to WebOS 2.1 on my PRe 2 on Verizon, my email has not worked correctly... When I try to open an email I get the "Retrieving email text..." and spinning wheel and then I get the Unable to download message... and now I can't even send an email... are they kidding with this update? Email is 50% of why I have a smartphone and it is completely broken... anyone else have problems like this and have suggestions? HELP please!
  2. #2  
    I am having the same problem with both Gmail and AOL since the VZ upgrade. I chatted with HP Help and they don't have any fix without erasing apps and data and starting over. They suggested deleting the account and reinstalling but that didn't work. I have a lot of info in other apps that makes doing an erase highly problematic so I am searching as well for another work around fix. I was having the same problem intermittently (sp?) before 2.1 but now I can't load any emails and I can't send any emails. Hopefully someone will figure out something soon!
  3. #3  
    I have the EXACT same issue! No email will open on any of the 5 email accounts on my phone. I tried deleting the email accounts, this did not work!

    PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

  4. #4  
    Well, I don't have a fix but I think the problem may have something to do with the Port numbers either in the outgoing and/or incoming email account set up. Either that or email credentials need to be re-entered in either the main "Accounts" setup or the "Manual Setup" under "Change Login Settings" within the email app itself. I only say this because of some internet search results I've uncovered have shown that past "unable to send email" type problems seem to have been fixed or located within those two areas.
    I don't have any more time now to try various compinations of these thoughts but hopefully someone else will. Also at one point outgoing email port number 25 seems to have been discontinued and I wonder if that has happened with Outgoing port 465 because I am getting an error on using that port as my default outgoing IMAP port. Actually, I'm not sure of that accusation of 465 being bad but there is something that is in the default setup in my IMAP email setup that is causing a validation error. Again, I hope someone else has better luck...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterhus View Post
    Well, I don't have a fix but I think the problem may have something to do with the Port numbers either in the outgoing and/or incoming email account set up. Either that or email credentials need to be re-entered in either the main "Accounts" setup or the "Manual Setup" under "Change Login Settings" within the email app itself. I only say this because of some internet search results I've uncovered have shown that past "unable to send email" type problems seem to have been fixed or located within those two areas.
    I don't have any more time now to try various compinations of these thoughts but hopefully someone else will. Also at one point outgoing email port number 25 seems to have been discontinued and I wonder if that has happened with Outgoing port 465 because I am getting an error on using that port as my default outgoing IMAP port. Actually, I'm not sure of that accusation of 465 being bad but there is something that is in the default setup in my IMAP email setup that is causing a validation error. Again, I hope someone else has better luck...
    I tried a ton of different things under manual settings. nothing worked yet. It is extremely frustrating, but at least webmail is an option for now (although crappy option)

    PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

  6. danransom's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #6  
    Gmail has options for pop3 or imap I'll let you know if I get mine fixed.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlok16 View Post
    Ever since I updated to WebOS 2.1 on my PRe 2 on Verizon, my email has not worked correctly... When I try to open an email I get the "Retrieving email text..." and spinning wheel and then I get the Unable to download message... and now I can't even send an email... are they kidding with this update? Email is 50% of why I have a smartphone and it is completely broken... anyone else have problems like this and have suggestions? HELP please!

    Hi Vlok16,

    I want to advise you that I have raised this issue to our Product Support Team. I am not showing that it is listed yet as an issue after the update to 2.1. So, I thank you and the community members for bringing this to our attention.

    I see that other members have tried removing and then readding the email account to the device. They do mention that it did not work for them, but you may still want to try this, as it is quick and easy.

    My next suggestion is a master reset of the device. Completing this task erases all data from your phone, including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. It will not erase current system software and bundled applications, or files stored on an optional installed memory card, such as music or photos. For this reason, please make sure the data on your device is backed up to the PC. This includes contact information. Below are the steps on how to complete a master reset.

    Master Reset

    1. Tap and slide finger up on center gesture area
    Slide screen to the left twice
    2. Tap Device Info
    3. Tap and slide screen up to show Reset Options
    4. Tap Reset Options
    5. Select from the following Options:
    A. Restart - Will restart device
    B. Shut down - Will power off device
    C. Erase Apps & Data - Warning: Erases applications you installed and all application settings and data. Does not erase personal files stored on the USB Drive.
    D. Erase USB Drive: Erases personal files stored on the USB Drive, including photos and videos you have taken
    E. Full Erase - Warning: Erases applications you installed and all application settings and data. Also erases personal files stored on the USB Drive.
    F. Secure Full Erase - Secure full erase makes it more difficults to recover your data, but can take much longer to complete

    I hope this information is helpful for you.

    Best regards,

    ^CB
    VZW_CS
    Follow us on Twiter @VZWSupport
  8. danransom's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #8  
    last night I got mine fix, I had to erase Apps & Data. It worked fine after that. I didn't lose patches but all homebrew apps.
    hope this was helpful.
  9. #9  
    This is extremely weird but the issue resolved itself on my phone! I did not have to do an erase. I have NO IDEA how this happened.

    PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

  10. #10  
    Same as everyone else VZW PRE2 2.1.0
    Am getting and able to read all gmail messages, but when I write an email it doesn't get sent?

    Tried removing gmail account, restarting phone, adding email back to phone (all via preference and accounts option in email client) didn't fix the issue.

    Any luck fixing this issue without erasing all data?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by KCatGU View Post
    Same as everyone else VZW PRE2 2.1.0
    Am getting and able to read all gmail messages, but when I write an email it doesn't get sent?

    Tried removing gmail account, restarting phone, adding email back to phone (all via preference and accounts option in email client) didn't fix the issue.

    Any luck fixing this issue without erasing all data?
    This fix worked for me, so based on this Gmail FAQ
    Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help

    I thought I would go in an manual change the account settings, so in the email app I went
    Preferences & Accounts
    Gmail
    Change Account Settings
    Manual Setup

    All the ports looked good, but the password looked shorted then it should, so I just re-enter my outgoing password and have sent and received a few messages now.
  12. bdnremtp's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #12  
    I just reset my outgoing password for AOL and it solved the problem.
  13. #13  
    I have had the same issue and restarting and full erase doesn't help. Can someone form VZW or HP please post a solution!

    Thanks.!
  14. ewl88's Avatar
    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #14  
    I've had my pre 2 for about a year. Suddenly yesterday I can't get my hotmail or work Outlook messages. The emails are received. I get notification and see the title of email but emails can't be retrieved. The busy indicator keeps whirling away. Since both emails Hotmail and outlook have issues I don't think it is a hotmail issue. I did just recover from a database full error and just reinstalled everything. I do NOT want to do that again. Even the reinstall process was more tiresome than usual. Any ideas, webOS gurus?
    (I did remove all accounts and reinstalled. Rebooted twice)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    I've had my pre 2 for about a year. Suddenly yesterday I can't get my hotmail or work Outlook messages. The emails are received. I get notification and see the title of email but emails can't be retrieved. The busy indicator keeps whirling away. Since both emails Hotmail and outlook have issues I don't think it is a hotmail issue. I did just recover from a database full error and just reinstalled everything. I do NOT want to do that again. Even the reinstall process was more tiresome than usual. Any ideas, webOS gurus?
    (I did remove all accounts and reinstalled. Rebooted twice)
    If you deleted and remade your email accounts than that is probably not the problem. The next thing you need to look at is your data connection. Try doing other things with your phone. Go to some website. Look at some youtube videos. Any problems with these?

    How is your phone connecting to the internet 3G? Wifi? if you are using 3g switch to wifi (or vice-versa) Are you still having problems?
  16. ewl88's Avatar
    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    If you deleted and remade your email accounts than that is probably not the problem. The next thing you need to look at is your data connection. Try doing other things with your phone. Go to some website. Look at some youtube videos. Any problems with these?

    How is your phone connecting to the internet 3G? Wifi? if you are using 3g switch to wifi (or vice-versa) Are you still having problems?
    I can surf with my pre2 without problems at normal speed. Youtube works fine. Switching to wifi only (airplane mode with wifi on) does not solve problem. I was using 3g previously with wifi turned on.
    Any ideas? Thanks.
  17. ewl88's Avatar
    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #17  
    I doctored my phone reluctantly but guess what the email works now. I suppose something got corrupted. Well, I have my functional phone back.

Posting Permissions