Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't regret buying my Pre2 one bit. Its perfect for me and I'll use it for as long as it works. Hopefully they'll have a no contract clearance sale so I can pick up a spare.
    lol webos loyalty
    no regrets for me i got my moneys worth and more from my pre-....but i do feel bad for the TouchPad early adopters tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    no regrets for me i got my moneys worth and more from my pre-....but i do feel bad for the TouchPad early adopters tho...
    That would be me and only regret is my options now being diminished. My TP isn't dead, still kicks out these replies, watches movies, listens to music, and keeps my day on schedule. I have nothing to lose and will have no regrets till I can't use my TP any more!

That has happened yet and probably won't for a long while. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    lol webos loyalty
    lol u mad bro?

See, I can do it too.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I don't regret buying my Pre2 one bit. Its perfect for me and I'll use it for as long as it works. Hopefully they'll have a no contract clearance sale so I can pick up a spare.
    I agree, love my pre 2.
    Absolutely. I am also looking forward to picking up a no contract spare, if they show up.
    I like it enough I was not even going to consider the never-going-to-happen Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Developer support and new apps will likely fall off a cliff. To me, that's reason enough to have regrets.
    Well to be fair app development on the phone landscape was already stagnant.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Come play with my Twitter.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    lol webos loyalty
    Loyalty has nothing to do with it. I prefer my Pre2 over anything else available right now. When that changes I'll consider switching, but I don't see much promise of that happening in a market were options are shrinking rather than expanding.
    I have no regrets turning my Sprint Pre- into a FrankenPre2, but I'm torn between using it until it dies and just switching operating systems right now. I don't know if putting off the inevitable is the way to go. Why would I continue to use webOS on my phone if I will ultimately have to choose another OS? I will keep my TouchPad because it works for my home computing abilities but I have trouble justifying keeping my FrankePre2, while I have my upgrade (for the past 2 years). Hold on to the great, or move on to what could possibly be great in the future...Matias Duarte is at Google working on Android now. webOS was his brainchild, I know he can do right with Android. I'm on the fence...somewhere I haven't been since January of 2009.
    Sticking with my frankenpre for 1 year to finish out my contract with Sprint. Hopefully HP will sell some webos IP to google to be incorporated into Android. Yes webos is dead as an OS and there is no way I'm going iphone.

No regrets I guess, glad I got to know webos... but HP has lost all respect in my book.
    Gonna treat my frankenpre with special care. Its the last phone that says palm on the back, every so often I turn it around and take a look.
    I have no regrets either. WebOS is far superior to iOS and Android, I don't need uber megapixels, 3D or a giant screen. My Pre 2 (especially now that VZW has pushed out 2.1) is the best phone I've ever owned. I will be looking to pickup a spare.
    I bought my PRE and PIXI right after HP bought PALM thought had a future as an OS, in reality I never had one single upgrade in my OS since. Enjoyed the hell out of it but now itís time to move on. My upgrade day is coming, and I believe ANDROID is the way to go now.

At the end of the day it's just a device and nothing else.

This is not like the old PALM days, now there are many great devices out there; itís time to enjoy them a bit.

Operating system will get use to it. After all PALMís OS and WEBOS were not perfect either, and I made it work for my needs many years, I am sure we can do that with ANDROID also.

The lesson that I learned here is that is better to invest in an OS with multiple platforms that on an OS with one platform and that is the only reason I will not buy an IPHONE or BB.

Good luck and hope to see you in the ANDROIDCENTRAL
    I have no regrets for having a launch day pre + and configuring it to work the way I work. I have all the apps I need and only use about 8 of the 40 I have loaded on the phone. I purchased a pre 2 this morning from Verizon that I don’t plan on activating until my Pre + dies. I think this will hold me over until the next reincarnation of WebOS comes from LG or Nokia or Samsung or whoever steps up to the best mobile operating system ever. WebOS and Palm will be third generation phoenixes.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'm still rocking my Pre- at a nice cool low rate from Sprint. I have no regrets about that device and only a small few in regards to the Touchpad. I'm still shopping for a Pre2 to Frankenpre up to give a jolt to my old phone. I'll be rocking my pre until it goes to that great big oreo in the sky. Maybe, just maybe, by then the other OS's will offer up something that compares to the fluid nature of webOS.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I will stick with my Pre2 as long as I can. I love my phone. I hope that when it starts to get old, there will be another OS that I can choose because right now I wouldn't know what to do.
    Apple has nice products, but I dislike their ecosystem and the fact that you feel like a prisoner in their system. Android is on the other hand more free, but it feels kind of ... I don't know. Clunky? Apart from the Big-Brotherish issues I have with Google.
    Hope you are right and WEBOS reincarnation comes soon but meanwhile I will enjoy a state of the art hardware running android. Two years from now if the Motorolas of the world release a WEBOS running on state of the art hardware then I will be back.

My WEBOS experiment is coming to an end.
    Same. I really don't want to go back to Android or switch to iOS. Hell, I'll even miss the keyboard on the Pre2.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast