Hello people. This is my first post but have been a loyal pre user from the very 1st to a pre+ now to a pre 2.
The problem is i've recently bought a nearly new unlocked pre 2 off ebay and it will not find a 3G signal at all, all i get is a G and my partner who is sat beside me on the same network has a nearly full 3G signal. Also it will not allow me to retrieve any of my other palm profiles (which i put down to not having 3g).
I'm in the Uk with o2 as my service provider.
So has anybody any ideas? Things i've tried;
- 1.Doctored twice with both webos 2.01 and 2.10,
- 2.checked apn settings in the phone preferences and all is well,
- 3.Switched sim card with another well known service provider, then all i could muster was a E (which i'm asuming is Edge)
- 4.Does any body think it could be to do with a faulty com board because i have a spare in my pre plus?
- 5.I've also used the serial checker on the palm site and it says it is a north american model. Would this affect it being able to be used over here in any way?
This has been making me tear whats left of my hair out for nealy two days now, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks