Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Voice dialing will come in handy. I've tried it out with all the numbers I call on a regular basis and it got all of them right the first time. Seems like it'll work pretty well. The only thing that would make it perfect would be the ability to activate directly from my Bluetooth (maybe some more advanced ones can) instead of having to press and hold the call button on the phone. Otherwise, a nice feature. Not sure I'll get too much use out of Exhibition, but I can see where some people would.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    WHAT!? Not much use out of exhibition mode!? You must not be aware that the Nyan Cat app supports exhibition

Let's see the iPhone or Android auto-launch Nyan Cat in full-screen glory when put on a magnetic induction charger!
    For me, voice dialing has been a complete waste since it breaks the system sounds every time it loads. I have to reboot the phone before I can get any system sound again. I would love to use it but this bug is a deal breaker. Did the latest build released for Verizon fix this issue? Even plugging in headphones causes the voice dial app to open up thus breaking my system sounds and for some reason also causes the music player to stop working. I have to make sure the screen is off before I plug anything in to the headphone jack.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    For me, voice dialing has been a complete waste since it breaks the system sounds every time it loads. I have to reboot the phone before I can get any system sound again. I would love to use it but this bug is a deal breaker. Did the latest build released for Verizon fix this issue? Even plugging in headphones causes the voice dial app to open up thus breaking my system sounds and for some reason also causes the music player to stop working. I have to make sure the screen is off before I plug anything in to the headphone jack.
    IMO, Voice Dialing is much more useful than system sounds. Still, we shouldn't have to choose.
    I don't use voice dialing much myself on my Pre 2. But in experimenting with it early on, I would jump the gun on trying to respond to the voice commands. I would then think it was not working and I would swipe the app away so that I could start over again. After I swiped it away, I would notice that I had lost system sounds that I had to reboot to recover.

Once I realized that I had to wait a little for the voice commands to complete, then complete my call and hang up, I've no longer had a problem with voice dial or with losing sound. I just tried it now and it worked correctly and I did not lose sound.
    I wanted the update to correct the 2.0 bugs. Personally I couldn't care less about the voice dialing.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Voice dialing will come in handy. I've tried it out with all the numbers I call on a regular basis and it got all of them right the first time. Seems like it'll work pretty well. The only thing that would make it perfect would be the ability to activate directly from my Bluetooth (maybe some more advanced ones can) instead of having to press and hold the call button on the phone. Otherwise, a nice feature. Not sure I'll get too much use out of Exhibition, but I can see where some people would.
    What Bluetooth headset are you using? Voice Dialing works fine when activated from my Jawbone headset. Name recognition is slightly better than on my previous LG phone, but it's nice to have it available to me once again. It was the main feature in 2.1 that I'd been waiting for.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchman View Post
    What Bluetooth headset are you using? Voice Dialing works fine when activated from my Jawbone headset. Name recognition is slightly better than on my previous LG phone, but it's nice to have it available to me once again. It was the main feature in 2.1 that I'd been waiting for.
    What I meant was being able to activate dialing directly from the Bluetooth w/o having to press anything on the phone. Once I activate the voice dial, I can speak the contact name through my Bluetooth just fine.
    unfortunately I have to mis-pronounce my own last name to voice dial my wife or call home. Argh.
  10.    #10  
    Totally sucks that voice dialing in the 2.1 update screws up the system sounds. Yes, I like the "swooshing" sound that you get when you swipe a card away just that much. More significantly, once voice dialing is activated, say bye bye to notification sounds. Just did a restart to get my system sounds back and will NOT be using voice dialing (the feature of 2.0 I was looking forward to the most).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/17/2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated title
    You know I don't think I even had that problem on my Pre- 2.1. It must be a Verizon only thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    It doesn't seem to be turning my sounds off. Maybe it's time for yankboy to visit the doctor?
    voice dial use to work on my frankenpre, but stopped for some reason, and of course kills the sound. Have to do luna restart to get sound back. Bummer, cause voice dial is the fastest way do dial from contacts.
    nope. This is a prominent problem with 2.1. Every device I've ever seen with 2.1 has this problem.
    Works great on my developer Pre2... maybe there is some other issue with yours...
    <<title updated>>
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    What I meant was being able to activate dialing directly from the Bluetooth w/o having to press anything on the phone. Once I activate the voice dial, I can speak the contact name through my Bluetooth just fine.
    Understood. To activate voice dialing with the Jawbone, all I need to do is press a button on the headset to initiate voice dialing - no need to touch the phone.

Unfortunately I've run into the system sounds not working after voice dialing bug. :-( I'll have to experiment as one of the other posters has mentioned in waiting longer for the voice dialing prompt to avoid losing system sounds.

Misinterpretation by the phone (and needing to mispronounce) seems to be typical of Bluetooth recognition. I was constantly in a "Did you say < >?" battle with the previous LG phone. The Pre 2 seems to do a better job.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    The most useful feature after my update? The Palm logo changing to the HP logo upon restart
  19.    #19  
    Beats me. I just happened to realize last night I wasn't getting any notification sounds when I received texts and then noticed there was no "swooshing" sound when I swiped cards away. A quick search on here revealed that many others have this same issue after activating voice dialing. Resetting the phone corrects the issue until voice dialing is re-activated. So I know it's not just my device. I believe in another thread on here someone said HP acknowledges this is a bug in 2.1.
    Had the same thing happen to me, but what was even more annoying was trying to figure out how to say a person's name and getting it to register....for some reason Cathy translated to Todd King....while I like Todd.....he's not my girlfriend who I'm trying to call.

I went back to 1.4.5, 2.1.0 wasn't worth it for me (at the time)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast