Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The phone app is broken. It only works when you dial a number directly from the dial pad. Selecting a number from a search, contacts, favorites, or shortcuts does not work. So you have to look up the number, memorize it or write it down, go back to the dial pad and dial the digits. Awesome, eh!

Tech Support already lists this as a known issue.
    How is that a problem in the official 2.1 version but not the 2.1 Meta Doctor? Aren't they built from the same stuff?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    The phone app is broken. It only works when you dial a number directly from the dial pad. Selecting a number from a search, contacts, favorites, or shortcuts does not work. So you have to look up the number, memorize it or write it down, go back to the dial pad and dial the digits. Awesome, eh!

Weird. It's working fine for me. Maybe it's because I downloaded the doctor and installed. I didn't want to do the OTA update.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I just noticed that it doesn't work. That is terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post

Hmm, I did the OTA update last night and I'm not having this issue.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    Weird. It's working fine for me. Maybe it's because I downloaded the doctor and installed. I didn't want to do the OTA update.
    I used the doctor as well and my doesn't work!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I removed "advanced system phone prefs" and it fixed the issue.

I have noticed that a lot of the "advanced" patches have been causing issues with my phone since the update.

If you have it installed try removing it and see if that fixes the issue. Good luck!
    Hmmm...I just selected some of my contacts and they all dialed correctly (people are probably wondering why I'm calling and hanging up).

Also did a few of my contacts through "just type" and they all dialed correctly as well.

Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I removed "advanced system phone prefs" and it fixed the issue.

I have noticed that a lot of the "advanced" patches have been causing issues with my phone since the update.

If you have it installed try removing it and see if that fixes the issue. Good luck!
    Yeah, I read on twitter that the advanced patches aren't playing nicely with VZW 2.1. Said there should be a fix later, but for now you should probably uninstall them.
    I can't get 'Advanced system Prefs - Framework -VZW' or 'Battery Percent as Icon' to reinstall.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I don't know if it is an update thing or not. But, my Gmail won't send anything anymore. Just sits in the out box.

Anyone else having an issue?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    After running the update, my phone seems to dial without any problems, whether using voice dial (yay!) or just choosing a person from my contact list.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    No problems here...
  14.    #14  
    My issue just may be with Advanced Phone Preferences or some other patch.
    I will doctor tonight and update manually rather than OTA and see if that works.
    After the 2.1 upgrade, my Yahoo email account wasn't syncing. I was getting error 1299 (some "cookies on server..." issue) which pointed me to this link here in precentral which fixed the problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-problems.html

Something similar may be needed for the gmail problem noted above.

No issues with the dialer as mentioned in the opening thread.
    Mine phone app works. E-mail not so much until I re-added the accounts manually.
  17. vrs
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Prior to last night when I installed Verizon 2.1 on my Pre 2, Flash videos from sites using the Flowplayer worked fine. Now they no longer play.
    Are others experiencing a loss of system sounds (notification sounds, "swooshing" sound when swiping a card away, etc) after activating voice dialing? I had this and read where some others have as well. Restarting the phone corrects the issue until voice dialing is activated again.
    Not having the "phone issue"... But ever since I got my Pre 2 from verizon, if looking up a contact from the phone app, it only shows up to the "N's"... Figure that one out lol
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Was having similar. Just went into contacts and chose "Sync Now" and seems fine.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast