Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    The bug seems to be with the Advanced Systems Prefs - Phone Prefs - VZW patch installed through Preware.

I removed that patch, and now the phone dialer works as always. By the way, once I removed that patch, the other Advanced Systems patches installed without errors - some were crashing prior to that.

I am sure sconix will update with a fix soon enough.
    Advance System Patches were causing me issues. Since removing all of them, my phone has been running like a champ.
    Just got the WebOS 2.1 update pushed on to my cell by VZW. Now, whenever I make a call, the screen goes black & the phone freezes (but the call is still live). The only way to fix it is to remove the battery. Help?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I had metadoctored my Verizon Pre2 to 2.1.0 and had no problems. But now that I Doctored it to the "official" 2.1.0, it won't come back from exhibition mode. I mean that when I swipe up or tap on a notification or even take it off the TS, exhibition turns off but I am left looking at the background. Nothing I do except a reset brings me back to the actual screen with the quicklaunch bar and "just type" visible.
    Hello to all,
    i am having the same issues as everyonne :

Gmail : did synchronise one thant not anymore
    Yahoo : show an error when retrieving the mails, doesn t find any, got tha errir message everytime...

So upset :/
    HP, i hate U !

^..^ -> www.thomykeat.book.fr
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchman View Post
    After the 2.1 upgrade, my Yahoo email account wasn't syncing. I was getting error 1299 (some "cookies on server..." issue) which pointed me to this link here in precentral which fixed the problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-problems.html

Something similar may be needed for the gmail problem noted above.

No issues with the dialer as mentioned in the opening thread.
    This is a big issue for me. I just convinced my mother-in-law to buy a Pre 2 and she's a big Yahoo user. Her contacts and calender are syncing fine but not email.
    I had the issue of having to remember & dial the number, the mp3 would not play & I had to delete the email to get to work (both gmail & yahoo). When VZW pushed the update I went ahead and used the emergency patch recovery before installing the update. I have been a diehard webos fan since pre & pixi plus. With the issues I decided to do a complete erase and doctor it to a clean 2.1. I have installed my patches (thank you all of you homebrewers) and all seems to be working well.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCAD View Post
    I had metadoctored my Verizon Pre2 to 2.1.0 and had no problems. But now that I Doctored it to the "official" 2.1.0, it won't come back from exhibition mode. I mean that when I swipe up or tap on a notification or even take it off the TS, exhibition turns off but I am left looking at the background. Nothing I do except a reset brings me back to the actual screen with the quicklaunch bar and "just type" visible.
    Apparently no one else was having this issue, but I did figure out that it was the Bypass Pin Patch that was causing this. After I uninstalled and re-installed it, this bug disappeared.
    Hi folks

Ever since OTA update, phone has sucked soooooo badly:

Non-responsive touchscreen (intermittent)
    Phantom app launches/touches
    Now - does not respond to touchscreen at all

Just called in to VZN to send replacement Pre 2.

Is this common?

I had Preware and 6 patches installed (text character count, CR allowed in Text, Rotate Email...). I don't think this caused the problem(s), but I do't know.

When I get my replacement, anything I should/should not do?

If it is not on 2.1, I assume I should OTA it BEFORE installing Preware?

Thanks

russ
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi folks

Ever since OTA update, phone has sucked soooooo badly:

Non-responsive touchscreen (intermittent)
    Phantom app launches/touches
    Now - does not respond to touchscreen at all

Just called in to VZN to send replacement Pre 2.

Is this common?

I had Preware and 6 patches installed (text character count, CR allowed in Text, Rotate Email...). I don't think this caused the problem(s), but I do't know.

When I get my replacement, anything I should/should not do?

If it is not on 2.1, I assume I should OTA it BEFORE installing Preware?

Thanks

russ
    OTA it first, or better yet, run the Verizon 2.1 doctor on it for a clean 2.1 install.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Same problems here with eXHIBITION freeze, intermittently unresponsive screen requiring battery pull, and Too Many Cards freezes with nothing open, and Yahoo 1299 error, since 2.1 OTA. Glad it isn't just me!

I had to do Emerg Patch Removal, and then do a Device Info - REset Options - Erase Apps and Data. Now phone works again, and the only patches I have installed are Jason R's Menu Megamix and Vibrate Only on TouchStone.

The main PreCentral.net page has an article on fixing the Yahoo 1299 error. http://www.precentral.net/workaround...ail-1299-error

Not nearly as fun/customized w/o more patches, but will have to get by. Not much use if can't use the phone!

UPDATE: 1299 fix not working for me. But maybe it is because I never upgraded my Yahoo mail past the "classic". Trying now.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 08/30/2011 at 11:59 PM.
    I got a new (in factory box) Verizon Pre 2 off of eBay a few days ago. I had webOS 2.0.1 for less than 24 hours, but it worked fine for that short time. I did the OTA update to 2.1 and added a bunch of patches. The phone would intermittantly restart on its own. Seems like Luna restarts, but sometimes it does take longer to boot. Once it rebooted 10 times in a row withought getting to the home screen. Another time it got stuck on the reboot and I waited 20 minutes for it to finish before restarting by the triple-ringer switch method (I avoid pulling the battery unless all else fails). Restarts don't seem to be linked to the use of any particular app and it often reboots when I am not doing anything at all. It usually goes anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours between the restarts. I decided to pull off all patches one by one each time it restarts. I have now removed all patches and it is still doing it. When I first started removing patches, the phone was restarting about every 10 - 20 minutes. Now it often goes 30 minutes to 3 hours between restarts. I am now going to remove one homebrew app each time it restarts. After that, I will remove one official app each time it restarts.

I have never doctored before, but I guess I will if this issue doesn't go away.

Since I bought the phone off of eBay, I am assuming I can't get it replaced through Verizon? Maybe I still can since it is new? Anyone know if this is the case?
    Also, I had yahoo problems until I did this:

Add Account
    choose Email Account (not the "Yahoo!" button)
    Server Type: IMAP
    Incoming Mail Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: full email address
    Password:
    Encryption: SSL
    Port #: 993

Outgoing Mail Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: ON
    Username: full email address
    Password:
    Encryption: SSL
    Port #: 465
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I had multiple problems with the Advanced System Preferences as others have described. I removed them and most of the problems went away. However, I still have a couple of big problems:

1) GPS doesn't seem to work -- and that is one of the main reasons I upgraded to the Pre2 from the Pixi Plus. I hope this is not another Verizon feature.

2) I haven't been able to log into Yahoo IM after multiple tries. There are no warnings or anything -- just no Yahoo contacts available.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My GPS seems to be temperamental. Sometimes it works well and other it just can't get a lock. The only thing that I have found that fixes that is to reboot the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by whartpence View Post
    I got a new (in factory box) Verizon Pre 2 off of eBay a few days ago.... Since I bought the phone off of eBay, I am assuming I can't get it replaced through Verizon? Maybe I still can since it is new? Anyone know if this is the case?
    I had mine replaced by Verizon, but I have the Assurion insurance covergae. Basically, as soon as a phone is added to your accout, and you have the insurance, it is covered.

Good luck

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    OTA it first, or better yet, run the Verizon 2.1 doctor on it for a clean 2.1 install.
    Hi

Tried, but by that time, could not even get it recognized by VZN Doctor. The thing was totally possessed - every app was being launched, screen non-responsive, etc.

Verizon shipped a replacement overnight.. replacement seems stable.

Thanks

russ
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I have no problems either. Just tried from contacts and it works fine.
    Running a Sprint Frankenpre2 with very similar issues. Haven't tried the Voice calling but having phone and voice mail issues. ALl System and Interactive tests on the phone check out. No sound when receiving a phone call, checking voice mail, email issues where no mail is received even after a delete of id and reconfigure.

Since I'm on a SPrint Frankenpre2, should I see this setting,
    "advanced system phone prefs"
    I'd love to try and make the changes others have tried.
    SHould I be seeing this setting, if so, where to find it??
    Quote Originally Posted by bevo_7 View Post
    Running a Sprint Frankenpre2 with very similar issues. Haven't tried the Voice calling but having phone and voice mail issues. ALl System and Interactive tests on the phone check out. No sound when receiving a phone call, checking voice mail, email issues where no mail is received even after a delete of id and reconfigure.

Since I'm on a SPrint Frankenpre2, should I see this setting,
    "advanced system phone prefs"
    I'd love to try and make the changes others have tried.
    SHould I be seeing this setting, if so, where to find it??
    It's not a setting, it's a patch. If you have Preware installed, you can look for it under installed packages. If you don't have Preware, it's not installed... But IF you don't have Preware, GET IT! the extra apps, themes, patches are the only thing keeping me on webOS.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast