Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By YankBoy
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if a custom carrier string patch is available for 2.1? I see JR had the last one in his thread as 2.0.1. Would the same one work?

Edit: This has been solved. See below.
    Last edited by YankBoy; 08/17/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    2.0 patches should work for 2.1. If not you will just get an error. Try it out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    2.0 patches should work for 2.1. If not you will just get an error. Try it out.
    Well, whaddya know...it worked! I wondered if it might, but didn't want to screw with anything since all this stuff is over my head anyway. Now if only there were a way to change the color to something other than white....
    In the same thread I saw this patch in, I saw another patch to change the string color. It might have been for 1.4.5 though.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...-banner-3.html
  5.    #5  
    Hmmm...ok. Yeah, it seems like that was for 1.4.5 and you needed some color code to type in. Unless it's as easy as typing "red" then I'm helpless, haha. Oh well, I'll live with white.
    Yeah, a color code is, I think, 6 characters long. But if its for 1.4.5, then it probably wont work for 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Anyone know if a custom carrier string patch is available for 2.1? I see JR had the last one in his thread as 2.0.1. Would the same one work?
    Wow, thanks. I text a lot and didn't know about that.

ET
  8.    #8  
    Just passing this along if others are interested. Makes it super easy to change the color of your date/time, carrier string, and app name! Patch is in a reply from malpha a couple posts down

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ble-2-1-a.html

I used color codes from this site (but I'm sure there's better places): Hex Color Codes

The first color code in the patch correlates to the date/time. Haven't had a chance to to try to other two and see which one is for the carrier string and which one is for the app name.

A screen grab from my current configuration of just playing with colors.

Kudos to malpha for getting this patch in response to a post I made TODAY. And thanks to jsgraphicart as well for tips along the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jsgraphicart likes this.