1.    #1  
    Just wondering whether this battery on ebay is actually worth buying and whether it would enhance battery life???

thank you...
    If it is this one you are talking about...

NEW Long Life BATTERY for Palm Pixi Plus Pre Plus Pre 2 | eBay

It states it has a Power Rating between 500mah - 1000mah which is less than the stock battery. So, unless that is a typo, I'd avoid it.
    you can get a stock battery on amazon for about the same price, id recommend doping that instead, this link on eBay looks to be a cheap knock off.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    don't bother. go with Mr. Fontaine's advice and just buy a standard OEM backup battery from Amazon. The real extended batteries (Amzer, Seidio, etc) are still ridiculously expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    just buy a standard OEM backup battery from Amazon. The real extended batteries (Amzer, Seidio, etc) are still ridiculously expensive.
    Thanks j_benj, the OEM batteries on Amazon are affordable and reliable. I usually buy 2 or 3 every couple months just to keep all my devices (pixi, pre+, pre2) fresh. I don't waste my $ on the extended ones because why spend $50 on one battery when I can spend $20 on three?
    I've never had a battery issue since going with the Pre2. After an 8 hour day at work I still have above 40% when I get home. Stock battery works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I've never had a battery issue since going with the Pre2. After an 8 hour day at work I still have above 40% when I get home. Stock battery works for me.
    Its all about usage. Id say battery issues are mostly cause by the end user. How you charge, how often you charge, heat, blah blah blah we have all heard it. Now I have to charge every night, like most smartphone users. As opposed to my old Samsung SCH-U420 that lasted for days. Accept it.

Honestly I think the Pre2 is better on battery than my Pre+ was, I've got no numbers to back it up. But the wifi has better range on my Pre2, and that's why. So when ppl say YMMV (your mileage may vary) its the gods honest truth. Buy a touchstone, get a spare battery. best of luck to ya
    A buddy of mine (one of the very few I know that owns a Pre) has both a TS at work and at home. He streams music at work with his Pre so he just keeps it on the TS. Battery is always charged.

et
    My Pre 2 easily lasts 30% longer than my Pre+ (often as much as 50% longer), even when I'm sitting in a 1 bar part of the building at work. I wouldn't be surprised if there are power improvements to the 3G radios, even if they are just better binned, but there is definitely an improvement in power with the CPU. In any case, I enjoy not worrying about charging my phone at work (unless I'm tethering a TouchPad to it).
    I've got a TS @ my desk @ work. And one on my bedside table. I'm mostly always above 50% battery. BUT! I also keep a spare in my glovebox of my car. Like I said, the more your phone can do, the more power you shall need