Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    You should definitely go for it. If you are a multitasker at all (some are more than others - I'm a poster child, I swear) webOS is your friend in a way that you can't understand until you've used both iOS and webOS. I just bought a Verizon Pre2 on ebay and swapped in the comm board from my Pre- on Sprint. Holy crap, the difference has been spectacular, from both the hardware and the software (webOS 1.4.5 to 2.1.0) perspectives.

I can see myself being happy with this phone for a long time. And with the homebrew community going strong and HP still releasing major updates for software (document editing just showed up, for example) I feel very comfortable recommending the Pre2 unless as was mentioned you're wedded to specific apps that aren't available.

Go for it, and tell us what you think!
    My wife has an iphone 3gs and using it drives me crazy. Love the webos for everyday use. I was able to get in on the $50 pre2 sale, so my phone is coming next week. Good thing because my pre plus imploded: power button, volume broke, started asking me if I wanted to shut down randomely. Definitely not useable. So, with hopes quality will be better I'm on to the pre2
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Here's another cool thing - with the touchpad paired to the pre2, I had Pandora going on the tp (so much better sound quality and volume)... And a call came jn on the pre2. Music stops on the tp and the callerid comes up. I walked over, picked up the phone, and when the call was over and I hung up the music picked up where it left off. I just stood there with a grin for a minute over the coolness of it all.
    the only thing you might miss though since you say you're not worried about apple's massive app store, is...

battery life

but if you get an extra battery and carry it with you it's nbd, but otherwise battery life is no where near apple's level.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12