1.    #1  
    Is there a diff between the Palm Pre 2 & the HP Pre 2? Can anyone explain to me what it is I'm getting here, I'd appreciate it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150644907762

Thanks in advance.
    I am unable to see your link because it requires registration.

HP acquired Palm in the middle of 2010. While the Pre 2 was labelled as a Palm product, it was released after the HP acquisition was completed.
    $153? That's a good deal. Even if refurbed.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    my guess, same phone.
    The Pre2 is the same phone no matter if it says Palm or HP... it just got rebranded when HP took over.

Edit: WHOA!... you might want to throw some flags up since it says it's on T-Mobile and is Refurbished with moderate-wear. This means it was FrankenPre'd and will not get 3G service at all. The Pre2 was never released on T-Mobile!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/14/2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Unlocked device used on T-Mobile. AT&T isn't the only GSM provider ya know... for now anyways.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    but the data frequency used by t-mobile isn't the same as what at&t uses. This phone will only give you 2g data.
    Caution, although I have purchased MANY Pre +'s from this reseller , and all have been great transactions, I recently won an auction for a Verizon Pre 2 on eBay from AllTechWholesale for $86.00
    After a few day's I had not received a tracking number or any notification of shipment. I contacted them through normal eBay contact the seller channels and they responded a day later with an explanatioin that they could not find the item I won in their wherehouse and apologized for the mistake. They refunded my $86.00 and the $5.00 shipping immediately ..

I just knew it was too good to be true!

P.S. I purchase bad ESN Verizon Pre 2's swap out the comms boards with ATT Pre + comms boards , edit the tokens file appropriately, and then unlock the devices for resale. Works fantastically with a HP/Palm profile and lists the version at 2.1 on both sides. Only drawback is using the web site to determine which webOS doctor to let you download it offers the Verizon Pre 2 2.1 doctor for use, and it will complete installation just fine. Not much of a problem except for the VZW apps which don't work on GSM systems. If I download the Unlocked Pre 2 GSM doctor, it also installs seamlessly on these devices. Think I've managed to create a Pre 2 device without an official identity and which both the official VZW and the official unlocked GSM doctors will install on!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The Pre2 is the same phone no matter if it says Palm or HP... it just got rebranded when HP took over.

Edit: WHOA!... you might want to throw some flags up since it says it's on T-Mobile and is Refurbished with moderate-wear. This means it was FrankenPre'd and will not get 3G service at all. The Pre2 was never released on T-Mobile!

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/14/2011 at 07:28 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    The issue for me isn't 'will it work?', but that yes, it will work but you will not get full data speeds. I have no issues with the reseller... Just that calling the phone "refurbished" is
    very misleading. Not starting a whole argument, just my 2 cents.
  10.    #10  
    Great responses, everyone. Thank you very much for all of the input on this thread. I'll have to provide an update after I take delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The issue for me isn't 'will it work?', but that yes, it will work but you will not get full data speeds. I have no issues with the reseller... Just that calling the phone "refurbished" is
    very misleading. Not starting a whole argument, just my 2 cents.
    I'm still very much an intermediate Pre user, so I don't understand why you say that calling the phone "refurbished" is misleading. Can you please exand on that.

PS. It's not that big of a deal for me that I'll be getting 2.5g or 2g data speeds, as I pretty much only use their data services for email. Any heavy data lifting will be done on wi-fi over a 100Mb fiber network.
    they are a good seller I have used them before. hp and palm pre 2 are the same
  12.    #12  
    So, I finally received the unit and it looks to be in excellent condition, and includes the stone charging back cover.

Now, I'm just about to setup the new device. Can someone direct me to instructions for upgrading, as I'd like to save my data, apps and configuration, where ever possible.

For example, should I sign-in to my new Palm 2 with my existing Palm account, or should I create a new one?

Thanks in advance.