Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with VZW customer service with a billing question. (I rarely call customer service). After he answered my question he asked if there was anything else he can do. I vented about WebOS 2.1 not being released for VZW customers. He checked for me and said it started to be pushed on August 9. I told him I still have not gotten the update so he transferred me to tech support. "Wendy" with tech support confirmed it had started to be pushed on August 9 but cautioned it could take up to a week to get to me. YAYYYY!!!

I told Wendy about Precentral and no one here (that I saw) released this push news out yet. Can I be the first? wow. I've never been first at anything. Anyway, keep checking your phones VZW users.

ET
    Last edited by etphoto; 08/13/2011 at 09:38 AM.
    carman16 likes this.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    even though I've meta doctored to 2.1, this is GREAT news
    Still getting phone up to date
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    just got off the phone with vzw customer service... "wendy" with tech support confirmed it had started to be pushed on august 9 but cautioned it could take up to a week to get to me. Yayyyy!!!

I told wendy about precentral and no one here (that i saw) released this push news out yet. Can i be the first? Wow. I've never been first at anything. Anyway, keep checking your phones vzw users.

Et
    you're number 1 etphoto!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

confirmed?
    So would that mean they'd all be done by the 15th? that's only two days away!

That said I'm still getting that my phone is up to date. . . I don't get wireless carriers.
    Nothing new for me yet.
    I do not have it yet either and having been having troubles with the preware app. It shows that I have no installed packages (apps, themes, patches, etc.). I wonder if it has anything to do with this new software downloading in the background?

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kudos to etphoto
    Thanks for info, etphoto!

I see no update yet. I'll believe VZW when I see it...on my phone.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    ... if that makes any sense...

... ... or as much sense as VZN delays...

... russ

... ... ...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    just yesterday @vzsupport told me there was no update on a release date for 2.1 .... I got fed up and doctored.
    I'm no expert, but I'd say these web pages are a really good sign the OP's right... straight from the horses mouth:

Software Update: PalmŪ Pre™ 2 - COMING SOON!

Especially this (note the 2.1.0 references all over this pdf):

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_up...structions.pdf

Looks legit to me, don't you think?
    bevcraw likes this.
    Those documents look legit, but if they started pushing this on 08/09, wouldn't we already have some confirmation of it after 5 days?
    It may take a while to propagate. I think the documents confirm this update will happen soon. This is the first concrete evidence I've seen that Verizon is providing the 2.1 update, so I'm pretty happy with that. My cup is now half full...
    this is good news to me because with all the delays in pre3 releases I've seriously been thinking of getting the pre2. I almost jumped to the pre 2 over 2 months ago and wish I had. I could have upgraded for free.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    would a meta-doctored pre 2 to 2.1 phone still display the update?
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    would a meta-doctored pre 2 to 2.1 phone still display the update?
    I'd like to know as well.

Probably not.

Also wondering when we will get 2.2, 2.3, etc..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Just ordered my Verizon Pre2 online for $4.99. Added a touchstone for $3.75 with free 2 day shipping. After 6 Pre+s, just seemed like time to upgrade, since there is no news from Verizon about the Pre3. I can always use my wifes upgrade if that shows up
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    wonder why they didn't go right to 2.2. Isn't that ready for prime time? I'm new totals update stuff, are carriers always this far behind?
    if 2.2 was ready, it would be out on the veer.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast