Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    usually they start showing up in the evening, when their bandwidth isn't being taxed so heavily by user traffic.
    pow12390 likes this.
    They should just release the doctor for it. Make things easier for all of us.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Not sure of any source actually confirming it.
    vzw replied to my tweet this morning that it was moments away.
    If nothing else, Verizon is *horrible* about the public relations aspect of managing these updates. The impression they give to customers actually exceeds apathy and starts to border on deliberately divisive. If you look at the behavior of Verizon as a whole, it's almost indisputable that their business practices are less than ethical (or at least respectable) at times, generally at the expense of their customers.

Switching to Verizon was a huge mistake on my part-- cell, tv, internet, you name it, it's either been a disaster, or at least greatly lacking. Verizon reps have even admitted to me that they were instructed to swap my internet connection out for newly signed up customers on the same floor. Two of them I caught before they did it, and I suspect it has been the root cause of my lack of connectivity on at least two other occasions. (Sorry, a bit off topic, but man it's hard not to rant about Verizon *grin*)

I was amazed/skeptical to see any news of 2.1 being released on VZW, and while I agree it does seem like they are actually going to release it this time, I too will believe it when I see it on my phone. It would be absurd for them to blow it on this release again, and yet, Verizon exhibits enormous levels of absurdity on a regular basis. Who knows.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    I only use them for wireless service, but they've been great in every way other than being slow to release webOS updates. I guess i'm just nicer when I call customer service, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    vzw replied to my tweet this morning that it was moments away.
    I know. But in the past, we've had so many rumors both confirmed and denied through tweets, online chats with tech support, phone conversations with customer service, etc. Just in this thread, one guy said he called tech support and they didn't know about a 2.1 update. Just one of those things that I won't believe until we start to see some reports of people actually getting the update. There does seem to be a lot of evidence indicating that 2.1 will be coming soon, but EVERYTHING with WebOS is always coming soon.
    I only use them for wireless service, but they've been great in every way other than being slow to release webOS updates. I guess i'm just nicer when I call customer service, maybe?
    I've never really had too many problems with VZW customer service. I was with Sprint for quite a long time before being forced to switch to VZW b/c of coverage issues. I never had a problem with Sprint customer service either, and they were supposed to be terrible at the time. I guess I really don't have that many issues.

I did go to war with VZW over the GPS issue on the Pre Plus and they finally caved in and gave me a Pre 2 for free. It took a lot of work on my end, but they finally did the right thing.
    The GPS on the Pre2 is still awful compared to any other GPS enabled phone I've had. When I meta-doctored I had to constantly use the GPS Fix to get any sort of signal. I also had it ping the gps every 15 minutes just to try and solve my problem. However when I doctored back to 2.0.1 because of an issue with one of the uberkernal release I had no more problems. Hopefully they fix the issue in the official release.
    I hve no gps complaint with my Pre2 on vzw. If it fails on a metadoctored version... That's not veizon's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    The GPS on the Pre2 is still awful compared to any other GPS enabled phone I've had. When I meta-doctored I had to constantly use the GPS Fix to get any sort of signal. I also had it ping the gps every 15 minutes just to try and solve my problem. However when I doctored back to 2.0.1 because of an issue with one of the uberkernal release I had no more problems. Hopefully they fix the issue in the official release.
    Yeah. The funny thing is, the GPS on my Pre 2 worked flawlessly out of the box and worked spot-on for a couple days, but then gradually started getting worse. It's still somewhat better than the Pre Plus, but it's a total guess as to whether it'll be able to pull up my location when I open maps. It honestly seemed like it worked fine out of the box, but the network somehow gradually crippled the GPS over the span of a few days.
    I hve no gps complaint with my Pre2 on vzw. If it fails on a metadoctored version... That's not veizon's fault.
    True, but honestly I shouldn't have to start up gps fix or VZ navigator just to get a signal. Even in 2.0.1 I would have to start up vz navigator to get my location to simply check in anywhere on Facebook Places. Here's hoping the Pre3 does it better.
    We gunna start placing bets?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    We gunna start placing bets?
    On when it will be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    On when it will be released?
    Well I would say 'if' but for now I'll guess when...
    I want "9:45pm eastern" in the pool
    pow12390 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Yeah. The funny thing is, the GPS on my Pre 2 worked flawlessly out of the box and worked spot-on for a couple days, but then gradually started getting worse. It's still somewhat better than the Pre Plus, but it's a total guess as to whether it'll be able to pull up my location when I open maps. It honestly seemed like it worked fine out of the box, but the network somehow gradually crippled the GPS over the span of a few days.
    I've had a relatively similar experience... It wasn't *great* to begin with, but it did work-- it's gotten much worse over the time I've had my Pre 2. Total crapshoot as to whether Maps will work or not when I open it at this point, no clear rhyme + reason as to why. Original Pre- was far better in this regard. Oh well.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    I want "9:45pm eastern" in the pool
    I'll take 9:46pm eastern!

We are we doing "Price Is Right" format, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'll take 9:46pm eastern!

We are we doing "Price Is Right" format, right?
    I call 3:30am lol
    I am hoping to wake up tomorrow and see that my Pre2 has a system update waiting to be installed.