Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Ok, the Verizon website is definitely encouraging. Let's get it out already!
  2.    #22  
    From what Wendy told me I took it as everyone will have the update by Friday. She said a week but I took it as a week from today, not a week from when the push went out which was the 9th.
    has anyone actually received the 2.1 update?
    Its about time. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
    The VZW website says, "COMING SOON!". Is that sooner than, "In the coming months?"
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Just checked again this morning and phone still says I'm up to date. Based on the website, it's obviously coming. Hopefully soon.
    Come on Verizon, push out this update. Anyone get it yet?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    nope
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    palm.com/rom still shows 2.0.1 as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    palm.com/rom still shows 2.0.1 as well.
    Maybe in the coming week.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Nothing here. Seems like another hopeful false alarm.
    full of those :/
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    verizon and the other carriers suck with update release dates. please do this soon
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Nothing here. Seems like another hopeful false alarm.
    I talked with tech support on Sat and she told me it could be a week before I see the update. Here it is, a whopping two days later and its a "false alarm"?

Two different Verizon employees told me it started to roll out. Right now I have no reason to call them liars or conveyors of false alarms. I sill believe.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I talked with tech support on Sat and she told me it could be a week before I see the update. Here it is, a whopping two days later and its a "false alarm"?

Two different Verizon employees told me it started to roll out. Right now I have no reason to call them liars or conveyors of false alarms. I sill believe.

ET
    I would like to believe, but according to your original post, the update started being pushed on 8/9. If that's true, then I would think we'd have started to hear of some people getting the update after a full week. But we haven't heard a thing about it.
    Y'all know I'm normally one to encourage optimism on this forum so I really hate to be the negative nancy here...

But do you guys think that the support chat lady may have merely told the OP whatever he wanted to hear just so he'd hang up already and she could go back to her cappuccino?

I'm talking out of my **** of course and I'm really, seriously hoping I'm wrong, and that Verizon is really pushing 2.1 to the Pre2. It has only been how many months since that update was officially released by HP?

But after all the news I've read from my deeply eurocentric perspective, VZW just seems like a greasy, greedy ****bag of a carrier with an agenda of its own that's not always in its paying customers' best interest (cf. gps crippling... for webOS, updates released months and months after other carriers... for webOS, "mom phone" commercials... for webOS and huge campaigns for Android, etc.) and definitely not a company I'd trust...
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Just ordered my Verizon Pre2 online for $4.99. Added a touchstone for $3.75 with free 2 day shipping. After 6 Pre+s, just seemed like time to upgrade, since there is no news from Verizon about the Pre3. I can always use my wifes upgrade if that shows up
    where did you find that deal, info please lol
    I wouldn't take the 8/9 date as a firm roll-out date, since that may have been when it was approved for release, etc. I don't think Verizon would be disseminating 2.1 upgrade instructions on their own website if they didn't intend to put it out there. The only thing that might hold this up is a problem found during testing, but it appears that the wheels are at least in motion now.
    just got off the phone with VZW and the technical support guy has not heard anything about an update happening or coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    just got off the phone with VZW and the technical support guy has not heard anything about an update happening or coming soon.
    And so it begins...

"I talked to a VZW rep and they confirmed that the 2.1 update is indeed ready to be pushed"

"I talked to a VZW rep and they have never heard of a 2.1 update"

ad infinitum...
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast