Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so i found a line on a verizon pre2 for 160 Good deal???

What will i need to do after i switch the board out. Does the new phone have to be activated on sprint via an ecm switch or will it carry over since it would be the card?

What meta dr. do i run???

What about my profile. Is there any thing special i need to do to get my purchases to transfer over.

The nav i like to use but can live with out it. would like to have it though but the bigger issue is converting over to the new phone and having it work. So if anyone has any tips or pointers that would be great i have been reading on how to do everything but still had questions. So i thought i would just post them. Thank you in advance!!!!!
    good deal....you will love it

the active board will carry over..no need to contact sprint
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    great didn't want to get sprint involved like it when i can do stuff myself!!!

Any ideas on the other items??? Have you done one?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Its pretty easy man...swap sprint board into new pre...boot up with ubuntu...follow the instructions found above for the sprint verizon franken pre 2 scripts...make sure your battery is charged too

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ok pre 2 ordered deal done can anyone shed some light on how long the project will take from start to finish???
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    maybe a couple hours ... longest parts are setting up ubuntu and swapping the boards... I suggest you take out your sprint board first so your familiar with how to not break the phone when your taking your pre 2 apart.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Shipping today should have it in a few days!!!

Should i start by backing up my profile first?
    Yes.

I thought the trickiest part was disassembling the phones - the directions are good, but they could use more photos. It is so, so worth it. I did my Frankenpre in the spring, and have been very, very happy with it every since.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Do i need to do the prl updates too???
    only if you do a lot of traveling, do it before the swap, there is a way to do it at the bottom of the Wiki after the swap as well if you need too
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Planning a trip to az her in a couple of weeks. Do i need to do it you think??would it be just good practice to do?
    lol^ sounds dirty lmao

anyway, I think you should read it all before doing the whole surgery and getting the prl. It's not easy so study it.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    yeah that kind of came out wrong!!! going to az here in a couple of weeks!!!! that how it should have read!!!

in order to metadr. you have to boot up your comp in linux right there is no terminal or anything. anything like that you can run? where you have windows running along with a linux window?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Can i do all the meta dr'ing and preparing then let it build the jar file and then reboot into windows and run the jar like a normal dr.???
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    So i ran the dr. and now i am wondering where the jar file went to so i can run it again. Can you access that file from the windows side?