Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hi all.

I have an unlocked Pre2 running 2.1.0. I am one of the unfortunate ones with a non-functioning Palm Backup. It has not run since the first week in July, a week after I got it.

In addition to the Backup problem, I've been having issues with Mode Switcher dying and some general slowness. I kinda want to wipe the phone and start again, but without a good backup that does not sound like fun.

I have Save/Restore installed, but it does not cover most of my apps. What are my other options to backup local data and apps?

As for my problems that make me want to start again, I read about a program that compares your webos install to the version in Doctor, but, despite having downloaded 2.1, it keeps saying my installed version is not the same.

So, what's my best bet for getting back on track with the least pain?

Thanks, Mary
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks to Kremmen from the thread: Backup failed and Purchase Failed for his link to a fix file sent to him by HP. It worked for me, at least one time. Finger's crossed I get normal daily backups now.

I am still not sure what else I should be doing to ensure I have the best backup possible. Are a good Palm Backup, Save/Restore and Preware Saved Packages List the whole tool-kit? Anything else?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    I am still not sure what else I should be doing to ensure I have the best backup possible. Are a good Palm Backup, Save/Restore and Preware Saved Packages List the whole tool-kit? Anything else?
    I use WiFi Media Sync to backup the /media/internal/ directory and sub-directories to a PC (this is basically your USB partition). Your Save/Restore information is included in this path and you can then restore it if your USB partition gets damaged or wipped. I try to do this daily, but once a week is probably enough, I got burned recently having gone several months without backing up the USB partition, so now I am paranoid.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    ...backup the /media/internal/ directory and sub-directories to a PC (this is basically your USB partition)...
    Yes, I should have mentioned USB backup as well! What about the data for apps that Save/Restore doesn't support? Palm Backup doesn't do app data, does it? assume if it did, we won't need Save/Restore.