Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #1  
    On my Pre- (1.4.5) I only had to hit the enter key once and it would send the message. With my Pre2, when I hit the enter key it highlights the send button and I have to hit enter again to actually send the message.

    Is this something inherent in webOS 2.1 or is my phone not working correctly?
  2. #2  
    What patches do you have installed? If you have the advanced system behaviour patch installed, you also now need to install the tweaks app to control how those behaviours are handled, which includes a toggle to hit enter twice to send under the messaging preferences.
  3. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    What patches do you have installed? If you have the advanced system behaviour patch installed, you also now need to install the tweaks app to control how those behaviours are handled, which includes a toggle to hit enter twice to send under the messaging preferences.
    Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.
    No problem. Took me a couple weeks and many unsent messages to figure this out.

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  5. #5  
    Oh okay, so it is a patch thing. I was confused about this as well, thought it was some sort of change with 2.1. I actually kind of like it though, as I can't count the times I've accidentally sent half of a message by hitting the return key instead of backspace while in the messaging app.
    Come play with my Twitter.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Oh okay, so it is a patch thing. I was confused about this as well, thought it was some sort of change with 2.1. I actually kind of like it though, as I can't count the times I've accidentally sent half of a message by hitting the return key instead of backspace while in the messaging app.
    Thats why theres the option, for those like you who dont want to accidentally send messages, and then the rest of us who are tired of mesages not going through, sometimes important ones where time is a factor.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    Happened to me aswell. On another note, does anyone know of a patch that implements this double tap to send? A standalone patch separate from the 'advanced system behaviors patch' ?

    This double tap to send is my favorite part of the advanced system behaviors patch, but I dislike a lot of the rest of the things that it does, so I have removed it.
  8. #8  
    What does advanced system behavior do that you can't disable with tweaks? I looked for a double click enter to send message type patch and I cannot find one for you.

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
  9. #9  
    thanks i didnt know it was a patch issue either
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    What does advanced system behavior do that you can't disable with tweaks? I looked for a double click enter to send message type patch and I cannot find one for you.

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    I don't recall exactly anymore, but it had to do with conversations opening in new cards, I believe from the notification area. I don't think this part can be disabled using tweaks.

    Regardless of the issue I had with it, thank you very much for looking.
    Does anyone think this would be a challenging patch to build?
  11. #11  
    I don't know a lot about webos.. I have a HP Pre 3. What do I need to do so I need to hit enter key twice to send a message?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomac_90 View Post
    I don't know a lot about webos.. I have a HP Pre 3. What do I need to do so I need to hit enter key twice to send a message?
    Install preware. (get preware homebrew documentation in the app catalog if you need help with this)

    Install tweaks.

    Install Advanced System Behavior.

    The default setting after installing advanced system behavior is to hit enter twice to send in messaging. This can be modified with tweaks.



    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    I don't recall exactly anymore, but it had to do with conversations opening in new cards, I believe from the notification area. I don't think this part can be disabled using tweaks.

    Regardless of the issue I had with it, thank you very much for looking.
    Does anyone think this would be a challenging patch to build?

    New card per convo is one of the options configurable with tweaks as well.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Posting Permissions