Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Hi Folks,

So VZW was kind enough to replace my VZW metadoctored Pre+ with a Pre2 and I'm wondering if it's worth it to metadoctor the Pre2 to 2.1 as well. Other than exhibition mode, does 2.1.0 run better on the Pre2 vs. 2.0.1? I've read that 2.0.1 was supposed to be buggy but haven't logged enough time on the new phone to come across any. Exhibition mode is cool but not a must for me. I do miss some of the Advanced patches from Sconix. I didn't expect some of them not to work on 2.0.1 so that was a bummer. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    Last edited by dki378; 08/11/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Get the latest doctor. It works the best.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    meta doc'ed last night, so glad i did, runs much smoother (so far)
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    meta doc'ed last night, so glad i did, runs much smoother (so far)
    You metadoctored a pre2?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How did you get VZW to give you a Pre 2?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    VZW has been selling the Pre2 since the beginning of the year. Check your MyVerizon account and see if you are able to upgrade. I used my upgrade to get my wife a Pre2 to replace her damaged Pre+ (total cost $4.99 + 20.31 tax).

Oh, and I Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0 before activating.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I had real problems with POP e-mail on my Pre 2 running 2.0.1. It would only load the headers. So you might want to check out how well that works on your device under 2.0.1. After I upgraded to 2.1, the problem was cured.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    First of all, I'm a UB alum...

This was my situation with VZW:
    I had issues with receiving video MMS as they came in as 2 separate files, a picture and an audio file. I worked with them for about a week and then they decided that it was phone related (after initially thinking it was a network issue) so when they said I was getting a Pre 2 as a replacement I was pretty happy. I was running 2.1 on my Pre+ so all I did was doctor back to 1.4.5.1 and sent it back out.

The Pre2 is fast and I metadoctored to 2.1 yesterday so I'm a happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    I had real problems with POP e-mail on my Pre 2 running 2.0.1. It would only load the headers. So you might want to check out how well that works on your device under 2.0.1. After I upgraded to 2.1, the problem was cured.

POP email accounts still exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    POP email accounts still exist?
    Yeah, Clem, they sure do.

-- Bring back DateBk!!

tried meta doctor, just took obnoxious amounts of HDD space and I couldn't follow the instructions. . . looks like I'll wait for Verizon :-\, hopefully the Pre 3 comes to them!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoulo View Post
    tried meta doctor, just took obnoxious amounts of HDD space and I couldn't follow the instructions. . . looks like I'll wait for Verizon :-\, hopefully the Pre 3 comes to them!
    If you are adventurous there is a way that doesnt take as much space, if you dont mind being a guinea pig... Just let me know and ill share what i did

2.1.0 seems to run way nicer on my pre2 compared to 2.0.1

White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    If you are adventurous there is a way that doesnt take as much space, if you dont mind being a guinea pig... Just let me know and ill share what i did

2.1.0 seems to run way nicer on my pre2 compared to 2.0.1

eh it wasn't just the space, I just couldn't get it to work in the first place, don't think I got all of the necessary patches to install, got meta-doctor directory working, couldn't get the right files into the download directory and yadda yadda. It's not that big a deal I guess.
    I'm going to ride out the 2.0.1 for a while before I upgrade

32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    2.1 seems to be better. Voice dial is a freakin joke. Won't be using that again. Exhibition is the only thing I've seen that's nice. BUUUUT I'm going to have to doctor back to 2.0 because my external speaker just took a crap. So fed up with -$%33( hardware.

2.1 is good but I Always get bugs and random shutdowns when in my pocket daily so I miss calls all the time until I notice my phone isnt one.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    VZW has been selling the Pre2 since the beginning of the year. Check your MyVerizon account and see if you are able to upgrade. I used my upgrade to get my wife a Pre2 to replace her damaged Pre+ (total cost $4.99 + 20.31 tax).

Oh, and I Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0 before activating.
    I have that $5 upgrade too, but waiting for the Pre 3 still

In the OP he said VZW gave him a Pre 2 for a Pre+

I was thinking of getting Asurion to give me a refurb Pre 2 for $100 and wait it out until the Pre 3 shows up
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Noticed 2.1 uses roughly 10-15 MB less than 2.0 on system resources. Anyone confirm?

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Verizon FINALLY pushed 2.1 starting yesterday! YAY! About time...Anyway, I just updated and the screen and gesture are on the Pre 2 are more responsive! That's one plus I've noticed right off the bat! Scrolling through things like contact list, photos, music, etc. is still stuttery on this platform. Not sure if that will ever really be very fluid. Maybe Pre 3 will be better with that....Anyway, liking 2.1 so far! Wish VZW would go ahead and at least push 2.2...I want to get SMS from my new Touchpad through the phone! Evidently need 2.2 to do that...BTW...how do you check system resources on this?
    From 'Preware' grab jstop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast