1.    #1  
    I finally did it. I went the FrankenPre route. I purchased a Pre 2 Unlocked for $250. As soon as it came, I accidentally broke the volume rocker ribbon during conversion.

THANKFULLY HP/Palm replaced the phone under its regular warranty (Thought I lost $250!), and the new one came today.

I was EXTRA careful, and I can say OMG, it is the Pre I wished I had the entire time. Without any added patches, the phone is amazingly fast.

I recommend this to ANYONE in the same situation.

Thank you to WebOS Internals and everyone else!

Only issue - I can't find the Sprint apps (the most current versions) to load back. I've tried the original 1.4.5 WebOS doctor from Sprint, but most of those files do not work well.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    I finally did it. I went the FrankenPre route. I purchased a Pre 2 Unlocked for $250. As soon as it came, I accidentally broke the volume rocker ribbon during conversion.

THANKFULLY HP/Palm replaced the phone under its regular warranty (Thought I lost $250!), and the new one came today.

I was EXTRA careful, and I can say OMG, it is the Pre I wished I had the entire time. Without any added patches, the phone is amazingly fast.

I recommend this to ANYONE in the same situation.

Thank you to WebOS Internals and everyone else!

Only issue - I can't find the Sprint apps (the most current versions) to load back. I've tried the original 1.4.5 WebOS doctor from Sprint, but most of those files do not work well.

Thoughts?
    You can use those missing Sprint apps (not legally) from the leaked Sprint 2.0 .jar available if you look hard enough.