Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dentz
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys

I've just upgraded my launch Pre to an unlocked Pre 2 and am having a few problems so I'm hoping your clever people can help!

1) My Yahoo email account won't work, I add the account by no emails show in the inbox. It comes up with the yellow triangle saying something about empty cookies. In the settings it keeps showing the amount of characters for my old password, not my new one.

2)Contacts - I've added Facebook to my accounts list and wanted to link all the FB contacts I don't want under a general FB contact. I got so far but then it decided to either not link the person I selected or add them a couple of times but not remove them from the main list! I removed the FB account but still have a few random FB contacts that I can't delete! When I tried to add my FB account again it took ages to sync and didn't even add the contacts properly!

Please help!

Thanks
  2. 27
    For the Yahoo! mail, try this manual set-up.

Server Type: IMAP
    Incoming Mail Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: full email address
    password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port #: 993

Outgoing Mail Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: ON
    Username: full email address
    password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port #: 465
    Root Folder: <empty>

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hoo-email.html
  3.    #3  
    Tried that, still comes up with the yellow triangle -

Unspecified error: 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahoo Command.cpp:182

I have no idea what this means! I do know that I am putting in the right password even though every time it says to update it loads my old password instead!
  4. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by danbailey007 View Post
    Tried that, still comes up with the yellow triangle -

Unspecified error: 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahoo Command.cpp:182

I have no idea what this means! I do know that I am putting in the right password even though every time it says to update it loads my old password instead!
    Those settings worked for me.
    Did you delete the old settings and manually add those?
  5.    #5  
    Thanks! I kept trying to add a Yahoo account and it didn't work so tried your settings suggestion in just adding an email account manually and it worked!

Now just need to figure out why my FB contacts won't sync properly.
  6. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by danbailey007 View Post
    Thanks! I kept trying to add a Yahoo account and it didn't work so tried your settings suggestion in just adding an email account manually and it worked!

Now just need to figure out why my FB contacts won't sync properly.
    I'm not sure if those settings work for the calendar and other Yahoo! services besides the mail.

Can you please describe your FaceBook problem better?
    I've read it multiple times and don't understand it.
    Hey Guys,

Can you give me a rundown on this issue? Is this only happening to UK users on the Pre 2? What Carrier? Also, only 2.1? Please try and give me as much detail as possible and I will bring this up to the proper channels within Yahoo!. I can't make any promises of a resolution or time on a fix, but will definitely bring attention to this.

FYI- I am not going to just submit a CC email to Yahoo!. I am an internal employee for the mobile cc department.

-Grand
    For me, the 1299 error occurred as soon as I upgraded webOS on my Pre 2 from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0 via the OTA update issued by Verizon earlier this week. Obviously, I'm in the US. With 2.0.1 I was using the default setup for Yahoo email, the 1299 error occurred using that same unchanged setup after the 2.1 upgrade.

I followed member 27's excellent instructions in one of the earlier replies and my Yahoo mail is once again functional with webOS 2.1.

Thanks for looking into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Hey Guys,

Can you give me a rundown on this issue? Is this only happening to UK users on the Pre 2? What Carrier? Also, only 2.1? Please try and give me as much detail as possible and I will bring this up to the proper channels within Yahoo!. I can't make any promises of a resolution or time on a fix, but will definitely bring attention to this.

FYI- I am not going to just submit a CC email to Yahoo!. I am an internal employee for the mobile cc department.

-Grand
    I was having this problem on my STOCK AT&T Veer running 2.1.2, STOCK unlocked Pre2 running 2.1 running in Wi-Fi only mode and my Sprint FrankenPre2 on 2.1.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I have traction on this from Engineering. They are requesting a few Yahoo! IDs of you guys' to test with. Would anyone be willing to PM me your Y! ID? If I can get about 2-3 that will be VERY helpful. -Grand

P.S. I am not asking for a password, just Y!ID
    Last edited by grandmastem; 08/24/2011 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    I have traction on this from Engineering. They are requesting a few Yahoo! IDs of you guys' to test with. Would anyone be willing to PM me your Y! ID? If I can get about 2-3 that will be VERY helpful. -Grand

P.S. I am not asking for a password, just Y!ID
    My Y! ID is sribiyengar@yahoo.com and I have the same problem ("unspecified error: 1299 - cookies got from server are empty" .