Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been having issues the past few days with my Unlocked Sprint Frankenpre 2. I had it for over two months and just started having problems within the past week. Right now every time it sits on the touchstone and goes into exhibition mode it freezes and I have to restart it. This is after it started getting the sorry too many cards error while just sitting on the touchstone. Its almost like it has a memory leak or something. I have the stock kernel installed right now, I have tried all other kernels and I get the same results. If I re-metadoctor it, will this fix the issue? I can't get a replacement from HP because I voided the warranty cause well its a Sprint frankenpre. Has any one else had this happen before to their Pre 2?
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 08/08/2011 at 06:09 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I doctored and still the same results. any ideas?
  3.    #3  
    Update: I installed everything in my saved package list and hit restart phone. Now the pre is like in an infinite loop or something. It goes into a commandline (I had uberkernal) and then reboots than goes back into the commandline screen and reboots again.
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 08/10/2011 at 08:51 AM.
  4.    #4  
    I successfully doctored again but the sorry too many cards is still appearing. I'm assuming one of my apps is causing a memory leak. This just started happening last week so I'm going to delete some apps and see if the errors stop.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Since you have a Sprint Franken Pre 2, I assume that you are doctoring to 2.1.0. On my VZW Pre 2 I was having the TMC error every now and then, but after meta-doctoring to 2.1.0 it went away. I never saw the error again.
    I've had this problem for the past week now. My phone will get extremely hot, freeze, TMC error, battery will deplete extremely quick, but eventually it'll all just stop and act normal.

It's been doing this for the past week or so. I think I've seen other people are having this problem with it as well.
    Sprint Love
  7.    #7  
    Yeah same here. The past week or so. And yes its meta-doctored to 2.1
    I don't know if this has any correlation, but when I used to have a dumbphone (still with sprint), it would act the EXACT same way. My [dumb]phone would get super hot, battery would drain within a couple hours if not the hour. Could this possibly be a sprint end issue?
    Sprint Love
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I don't know if this has any correlation, but when I used to have a dumbphone (still with sprint), it would act the EXACT same way. My [dumb]phone would get super hot, battery would drain within a couple hours if not the hour. Could this possibly be a sprint end issue?
    Most likely not. I've never had an issue with Sprint in the past.
    But that can't just be a coincidence. There has to be some connection to the two.
    Sprint Love
  11.    #11  
    I don't know if there's a connection or not but I do know that Sprint's network has nothing to do with the too many cards issue. I can't seem to figure out the cause of this. I mean I understand this error will pop up once in a while but mine will pop up shortly after restarting. Its like I spend more time restarting my phone than actually using it.
    Is there any way to see what's going on like log wise while this is happening? Anyone know?
    Sprint Love
  13.    #13  
    I downloaded JSTop to start Auto garbage collecting. I'm going see if this makes a difference or not. I used to use JSTop on the pre- all the time but kind of forgot about it using the pre 2 because I never had an issue until now.
    I've had JStop doing that already, didn't do much for me.
    Sprint Love
    mine has w/e leak too....sometimes it'll get super hot and drain 10-20% an hour.

Usually a restart fixes it.

Then it wont happen for days, then it'll happen 4 times in a single day, etc.

I just baby sit the thing and check it once an hour.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Either yesterday or the day before, it was freaking out like crazy. Usually like you (65fastback) it would go away after a restart. But this time, it would restart work for a few minutes and when i let it idle (and go black) i couldn't turn it on again.
    Sprint Love
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    mine has w/e leak too....sometimes it'll get super hot and drain 10-20% an hour.

Usually a restart fixes it.

Then it wont happen for days, then it'll happen 4 times in a single day, etc.

I just baby sit the thing and check it once an hour.
    My pre seemed to gradually get worse. I doctored it yesterday, had some more issues, then doctored again today and so far so good. I have yet to install my saved package list in preware however.

Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Either yesterday or the day before, it was freaking out like crazy. Usually like you (65fastback) it would go away after a restart. But this time, it would restart work for a few minutes and when i let it idle (and go black) i couldn't turn it on again.
    Yeah when mine would go idle on the touchstone, it would freeze. But I haven't had that since I doctored it so we'll see how that goes.
    I have a 2.1.0 Pre-, patched and overclocked. Has been running great for many months. Until the last several days, when I've had the same issues as above. Frequent TMC errors, sometimes when only one program is running. Running very hot, freezing, shutting down.

**Also**: If I try to manually initiate the Palm/HP Backup to my Profile, the Pre freezes half way through the process. Anybody else have that issue??
    - Bubba
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    I have a 2.1.0 Pre-, patched and overclocked. Has been running great for many months. Until the last several days, when I've had the same issues as above. Frequent TMC errors, sometimes when only one program is running. Running very hot, freezing, shutting down.

**Also**: If I try to manually initiate the Palm/HP Backup to my Profile, the Pre freezes half way through the process. Anybody else have that issue??
    On my spare pre- it has webOS 2.1 (and its own profile) and the backup said failed.
  20.    #20  
    So I installed all my homebrew needs and all I had to do was install uberkernal. Well I installed it and when it started to reboot, it went through what was like a comandline interface but it keep starting and wouldn't boot. So I went into terminal to do the memboot. When I did the memboot the webosinternals penguin screen turned blood red and then started the same process over again.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast