1.    #1  
    Ok so i am in need of a new phone I dont have a huge budget so i have been looking at the pre 2 since the price has gone cheap. I would like to know if the phone is good for web browsing and for use with Msn and other things. I dont realy care if the music player sucks as i have a ipod.

So please tell me if its worth the buy or if i should look at another phone.
    I am VERY pleased with my Pre2. It is a dramatic step up from the original Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I am VERY pleased with my Pre2. It is a dramatic step up from the original Pre.
    May i ask how long have u had it for and have u ever got board of the phone?
    I've had mine since launch. I moved to it from the Pre Plus. I LOVE the size, not small like the Veer and not big like the Pre 3. I've never had a complaint with the phone (****ed off at Verizon though cause of the updates). I have not gotten bored of it, in fact, my wife thinks I'm ate up cause I'm always working on it. As I type this its plugged into my computer and I'm moving music around.

ET
    love mine! Works great. Top apps for me:

- email
    - calendar
    - web
    - Pandora
    - white pages
    - weather channel
    - Mode Switcher (pre ware)
    i've had it since the end of february. I had a pre+ before that for a year.

webOS is certainly not boring. It's my favorite toy.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the fast replays do you think the palm pre 2 is any better than an android phone. Oh and when is the palm pre 3 coming out ? i don't want to have a outdated phone.
    try out the phone yourself, if it doesn't fit your needs, get a different phone. easy peasy
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    try out the phone yourself, if it doesn't fit your needs, get a different phone. easy peasy
    The phone is not free?
    I might pick one up when Rogers start clearing them out. Just for the heck of it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    When you say you want to use MSN do you mean messenger? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $isn$'$t$ $a$ $native$ $MSN$ $messenger$ $option$ $and$ $you$'$d$ $have$ $to$ $buy$ $a$ $third$ $party$ $app$.

Not the end of the world but nowhere near as elegant as being integrated with Synergy. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CentroGoblin View Post
    When you say you want to use MSN do you mean messenger? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $isn$'$t$ $a$ $native$ $MSN$ $messenger$ $option$ $and$ $you$'$d$ $have$ $to$ $buy$ $a$ $third$ $party$ $app$.

Not the end of the world but nowhere near as elegant as being integrated with Synergy. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
    Problem is all of them are terrible and are overpriced plus you need to keep the card open to stay connected.
    You can get an msn synergy plugin from the forums here
    At this point in the game, getting a Pre 2 doesn't make any sense. I do have one that I got as a free replacement for my Pre Plus and I'm pretty happy with it, but it wouldn't make any sense to be getting one now. If you can find one for cheap on Ebay or Craigslist and activate without a contract that might make some sense, but it's definitely not worth a 2 year contract at this point.
    I've had mine for a couple months now and absolutely love it. It's everything I wished the original Pre was. Got it working on Sprint so I have the best of both worlds. It has a couple of annoyances that are mainly due to bugs created from 2.1 but certainly are manageable and not deal-breakers. I've seen others completely trash the thing as being unusable. I cannot for the life of me (especially coming from the Pre-) see what these people are seeing. The Pre2 is smooth as silk, doesn't give memory errors and rarely sputters. Exhibition is really cool and the homebrew patches make it even better. I've decided on skipping the Pre3 because of it. The phone just works. Period.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi, long time lurker to the forums, I was in the same situation as OP with a need for a phone, and decided to buy a Pre 2 last week.

So far very pleased with it and the price is unbeatable for an unlocked smartphone! IMO it's definitely an underrated phone, once you set it up, the features work very well and homebrew has made it even better!