Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doramjan
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I am trying to make a Frankenpre 2 from an unlocked AT&T Pre 2 and a Sprint Pre to keep my Mom on webOS. I have done the hardware swap successfully as far as I can tell. I also created and ran (on OS X 10.6.8 with xCode 3.2) the Sprint Frankenpre 2 metadoctor script as described at webOS Internals.

So when I boot the Frankenpre 2, it says "Activation error" "you may need to activate your phone by going to ." and it shows my HEX MEID. The top left of the screen says Sprint.

So anyway, I have tried several times to rerun the metadoctor, run git pull + make clobber and recreate the metadoctor, and so forth with no luck.

Does anyone with more experience have any suggestions how to fix it and make a FrankenPre 2 for my mom?
    was this a completely functioning and working sprint pre prior to the swap?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes, it was a daily driver Sprint Pre.
    so are you saying you cant create another doctor and redoctor?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've created a new doctor several times and keep getting the activation error.
    what version webos was running on the pre-?
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    1.4.5.1 I think (whatever the latest was on Sprint)
    as far as i can tell, you need to doctor back to 1.4.5 on the pre minus then frankenpre2 swap again and give it another go
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    OK, Will try tonight and report back... Thanks for the suggestion
    @agentmock

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    65fastback, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Your suggestion worked perfectly. I (1) put the Sprint Pre back together, (2) doctored it to 1.4.5, (3) made sure the Sprint phone was activated, (4) reassembled the FrankenPre 2, and (5) doctored using the FrankenPre2 metadoctor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    65fastback likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by doramjan View Post
    65fastback, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Your suggestion worked perfectly. I (1) put the Sprint Pre back together, (2) doctored it to 1.4.5, (3) made sure the Sprint phone was activated, (4) reassembled the FrankenPre 2, and (5) doctored using the FrankenPre2 metadoctor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Glad it worked out for you sir.

I know swapping them back after you already swapped them once blows but oddly enough it works.
    @agentmock