1.    #1  
    So I started to FrankenPre my phone, and during the swap, I accidentally broke the volume rocker cable on the Palm Pre 2 board. It broke in half. Anyway to fix this?

EDIT: I also can't put this in recovery mode to reload the correct WebOS on it because I can't hit the volume up button on the rocker.

Suggestions?
    I think you are screwed with installing the volume rocker ribbon back in.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I think you are screwed with installing the volume rocker ribbon back in.
    pretty much...I stared at one last night trying to figure out how to replace it for someone. Youd have to have surgical hands and a 200x magnifying glass to even attempt lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  4.    #4  
    I'm not as concerned with getting the volume rocker working, but I can't reflash my phone with the appropriate WebOS without holding the Power & Volume Up button to get into recovery mode.

When the phone does load up completely, it won't even get me to the phone section to enable developer mode.

Thoughts?
    best bet is to remove the com board and the white and black antenna wires completely and transfer them to another back
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  6.    #6  
    Ok, I don't think I'm getting it. The volume rocker ribbon cable that broke, is attached the main part of the phone, with the LCD screen.

The comm board does not contain the volume rocker ribbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    Ok, I don't think I'm getting it. The volume rocker ribbon cable that broke, is attached the main part of the phone, with the LCD screen.

The comm board does not contain the volume rocker ribbon.
    youre right. thats what i get for posting and working at the same time lol

not to mention i went to bed late and my wife's dog woke me up at 6:30 wanting to be scratched!
    @agentmock

8.    #8  
    So any solution to my dilemna?
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    So any solution to my dilemna?
    i'll look at my disassembled ones when I get home....but I cant think of one at the moment
    @agentmock