1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2, and have upgraded from a O2 GSM Pre. I have lots of Palm Profile calendar events dating back a few years.

The calendar on the Pre 2 (running webOS 2.1.0) is markedly slower than the calendar on the Pre (running webOS 1.4.5).

If I add a new event, or modify an existing event, in the calendar app it takes up to 15 seconds to show that event on the day view.

I only use Palm Profile events. No Google or Outlook event syncing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have considered removing old events to see if things speed up, but am reluctant to do so in case there's no improvement (and, based on the slow response time of calendar updates, it could take a while).

It just seems odd that everything else on the Pre2 is much faster than the original Pre, but the calendar (one of my most used apps, unfortunately) is much slower (verging on the unusable sometimes).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I'm getting the same thing. Don't have a solution however. Others have reported creating a new palm profile and basically starting over from scratch fixes the issue.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm reluctant to create a new profile a lose paid-for apps which I'll have to re-purchase.

I think I'll contact HP/Palm support and see what they've got to say.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henrythewasp View Post
    I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2, and have upgraded from a O2 GSM Pre. I have lots of Palm Profile calendar events dating back a few years.

The calendar on the Pre 2 (running webOS 2.1.0) is markedly slower than the calendar on the Pre (running webOS 1.4.5).

If I add a new event, or modify an existing event, in the calendar app it takes up to 15 seconds to show that event on the day view.

I only use Palm Profile events. No Google or Outlook event syncing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have considered removing old events to see if things speed up, but am reluctant to do so in case there's no improvement (and, based on the slow response time of calendar updates, it could take a while).

It just seems odd that everything else on the Pre2 is much faster than the original Pre, but the calendar (one of my most used apps, unfortunately) is much slower (verging on the unusable sometimes).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I have been wondering why my Pre2 calendar also takes so long to update events. Also noticed that month view updates slowly, updating icons half a month at a time. Much slower than my old Pre+. I too can't afford to change account profiles, would doctoring correct this issue?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)