1.    #1  
    I have a strange problem with my FrankePre2 on Sprint. Most of the time texts work fine. But occasionally (which is far too often) like today, I won't receive my text messages. For nearly 8 hours I was not getting any texts. Going into the messaging app showed no new messages despite having sent several to many people. I knew something was up, so I restarted my phone and surely enough I had about 20 new messages from several different people. They were showing up with the correct time stamps. It's as if the Pre2 received them before but simply did not show them within the messaging app. A restart seemed to resolve that. This does not appear to be a network issue with Sprint. I also did not have this issue using the same comm board in Pre- and a Pre+.

Obviously I cannot have a phone that is unreliable receiving text messages. I had this same issue months ago, which prompted me to switch to an EVO. Having missed webOS too much I recently switched back. I even started from scratch and re-doctored the phone. However, I'm still having this missing text message issue using a FrankenPre2 on Sprint with the webOS 2.1 provided by metadoctor.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  2.    #2  
    Just found this other thread mentioning what appears to be the same problem.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...fied-pre2.html

I'll set it up to auto-restart every morning and hopefully that will prevent this from happening again. It appears to be a Messaging app bug AFAIC. I never had this issue with the same comm board on a Pre- and Pre+ on Sprint, and did not have this issue with the HTC Evo. If this is indeed a messaging app bug, HP needs to desperately fix this in webOS 2.2.
    This could be a problem with Sprint's network currently or maybe you should've updated your PRL file while doctoring (and also update network settings). This is my guess.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    This could be a problem with Sprint's network currently or maybe you should've updated your PRL file while doctoring (and also update network settings). This is my guess.
    I don't think this has to do with Sprint's network. I am on the latest PRL. And again, I had the problem with the FrankenPre2 (as apparently others have had), switched to an EVO for 5 months without having the issue, then within days of switching back I have the same problem.

There could be an issue with the modem or radio of the FrankenPre2. What modem version are others seeing out of there FrankenPre2 on Sprint?

Using PmModemUpdater -v, I get the following

COMP DATE = Nov 04 2010
    REL DATE = 11/04/2010
    HW VERSION = A20700E1
    MOB MODEL = AC
    RADIO TYPE = CDMA
    PRL VERSION = 1119
    PRI CRC = 0x8E16
    EX BUILD ID = RC1.7(557)

Can others verify this same info? Thank you
    * COMP DATE = Nov 04 201019:05:0911/04/2010
    * REL DATE = 11/04/2010
    * HW VERSION = A20700E1
    * MOB MODEL = AC
    * RADIO TYPE = CDMA
    * PRL VERSION =60680
    * PRI CRC =0x8EF3
    * EX BUILD ID = RC1.7(557)

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  6.    #6  
    * COMP DATE = Nov 04 201019:05:0911/04/2010
    * REL DATE = 11/04/2010
    * HW VERSION = A20700E1
    * MOB MODEL = AC
    * RADIO TYPE = CDMA
    * PRL VERSION =60680
    * PRI CRC =0x8EF3
    * EX BUILD ID = RC1.7(557)
    OK, it all checks out. You're actually using a pretty old PRL. Not that it should matter
    According to other sources, my PRL is actually uptodate. My signal is good and my texts work so I'm not worried. I just updated it last week.
  8.    #8  
    According to other sources, my PRL is actually uptodate. My signal is good and my texts work so I'm not worried. I just updated it last week.
    Yeah, when I first saw your PRL, I thought it was 60670. 60678 was the last in the former numbering scheme, then it went to 01115. But apparently they've jumped around and are now back at the old sequence (hence 60680). Perhaps it's worth trying 60680