1.    #1  
    My Pre 2 on VZW does not show email messages with graphics or photos.

Two calls to HP confirmed it's an OS issue.

I'm ****ed that my new data phone with an expensive data plan does not perform as promised.

I explained this sentiment to VZW.

They apparantly agree the phone is not completely functional.

They will replace my Pre 2 with the phone of my choice, charging me only for the battery of the phone I choose.

Don't get me wrong: the Pre2 is the only phone I want (with the exception of the Veer) but with everything I'm reading it appears that neither VZW nor HP wants to release the new OS and the phone will never be fully functional.
    So verizon is willing to sell you a different phone because the OS you need is not being released by...drumroll...verizon! Webos 2.1 (which is what you need to fix the issue) has been out for a long time now, but verizon will not roll it out. The blame here is not HP.

Stuff like this just confirms that verizon hates webos. Someone in HPalm must have compromising pics of a verizon exec or something.

BTW - look up webosinternals and metadoctor your pre to 2.1.
    what specifically are the OP's issues?

I fully expect 2.1 to come to vzw, and the metadoctor option is always there.

I have the same device and it definitely has issues, but i've managed to work around most of them. Which ones are showstoppers for you?
  4.    #4  
    The biggest problem for me is emails with graphics or photos show as a black box.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    The biggest problem for me is emails with graphics or photos show as a black box.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I too have had this issue from day one with my Pre 2. My touch pad does not have this issue. I don't understand why VZW won't just release the update. It is like they are trying to push us to the droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw21 View Post
    This happens with pop email accounts only.

Does not happen with imap accounts.

A workaround is to use imap instead of pop.

I got sick of working around and meta-doctored the other week, after waiting for two months on 2.0.1 (because I could). Well worth it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

7.    #7  
    How do you meta doctor?
    If I were you, I'd be hesitant to remain with the Pre 2 at this point. If all it's going to do is set you back the cost of a battery (and if you raise enough of a stink, you can probably get that cost dropped as well) then I'd advise trying out another device. VZW is REALLY dragging their feet on releasing the 2.1 update. It's been out for weeks now and there's plenty of time to test it out. If you combine VZW's lack of support for the Pre 2 along with recent questions being raised about whether or not the Pre 3 will even be released on VZW, it gives me the idea that VZW just isn't behind WebOS devices anymore. For the record, I have a Pre 2 (and had a Pre Plus) on VZW and I'm overall happy with the device, but I'm upgrading in December so I have my options open. No way I'd commit for 2 years to the Pre 2 at this point in the game. You don't want be stuck for 2 years with a phone that receives the bare minimum in support from your carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    If I were you, I'd be hesitant to remain with the Pre 2 at this point. If all it's going to do is set you back the cost of a battery (and if you raise enough of a stink, you can probably get that cost dropped as well) then I'd advise trying out another device. VZW is REALLY dragging their feet on releasing the 2.1 update. It's been out for weeks now and there's plenty of time to test it out. If you combine VZW's lack of support for the Pre 2 along with recent questions being raised about whether or not the Pre 3 will even be released on VZW, it gives me the idea that VZW just isn't behind WebOS devices anymore. For the record, I have a Pre 2 (and had a Pre Plus) on VZW and I'm overall happy with the device, but I'm upgrading in December so I have my options open. No way I'd commit for 2 years to the Pre 2 at this point in the game. You don't want be stuck for 2 years with a phone that receives the bare minimum in support from your carrier.
    I agree with you, but a lot of like the webOS and at least for me, it is hard using other platforms. As long as Homebrew is around, we have other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I agree with you, but a lot of like the webOS and at least for me, it is hard using other platforms. As long as Homebrew is around, we have other options.
    I love WebOS. It's far and away the best mobile OS on the market. But it just isn't being supported the way it should be. HP is dragging their feet on releasing the Pre 3. VZW is ultra-delaying the release of 2.1. At some point, you simply have to cut ties, even if you love it. I'm not there yet, but if I don't get some sense of confidence in the future of WebOS support by December, I'll likely be jumping ship. For the OP, I just really don't see any sense in sticking with a 2 year contract for what's basically a non-supported device. In his particular situation, I think it's wisest to look elsewhere and revisit WebOS at his next upgrade (if it's still around)
    I'm a Pre - user and if anyone wants to sell their gently used pre 2,let me know. If the price is right I would love to buy it.