1.    #1  
    Verizon Pre2=>Sprint FrankenPre2 = no cell signal, spinning clouds = worked great for 6 months and so seems to have died.

the phone apparently was with a family member, it fell and the two halves came apart. I think there's a slight tear in one of the ribbon cables but not sure. Doctored teh phone using stock 2.1.0 world unlocked, my same metadoctored 2.1.0 that I built it with 6 months ago and even the verizon 2.0.1 = nothing. Comm board = both connections are securely tight.

It will start up to the clouds background and just shows spinning circle and battery strength. Tried swapping comm boards = no improvement connections otherwise look okay. Can't even get ## to acknowlege to try out devmode.

Any thoughts on this?? I guess it's toast. Got the family member up and running using some leftover pre(-) parts.

All of us have turned into cobblers?!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    it fell and the two halves came apart.
    There's your problem.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    There's your problem.
    yeah I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm not sure if there's a slight tear in the one of the edges of those two ribbons that connect the two halves. I put it back together but no luck. Is this the kind of symptoms one would expect...i.e are those two ribbons involved with the cell connection?
    yeah I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm not sure if there's a slight tear in the one of the edges of those two ribbons that connect the two halves. I put it back together but no luck. Is this the kind of symptoms one would expect...i.e are those two ribbons involved with the cell connection?
    They connect directly to the communication board. If the comm board isn't connected, the phone has no signal. No signal = no activation (unless you meta-doctor).

Take the phone apart and make sure the two ribbons are attached correctly to the comm board and no apparent damage can be seen.

I don't see how the two halves came apart unless you didn't put the 6 T5 screws back in.

5.    #5  
    yeah that was it. Tear in the comm board wire that connects two halves. So I decided to take my phone pre+ (screen cracked, etc, etc) and lifted entire back bezel and back metal plate the whole shebang and transplanted onto pre2.....and it works!! Cool. I now have my family member's frankenpre2. The family member ended up with a old pre(-) but hey it works. These phones are amazing in the amount of mix and match you can do.

THe two halves became separated when the back bezel assy slipped off the rails/tracks. I suspect from heavy opening/closing use as the screws were there (I think two were not super tight)

Pre3 gonna have a completely new chassis and innards (hopefully it will be more durable).
    These phones are amazing in the amount of mix and match you can do.

Pre3 gonna have a completely new chassis and innards (hopefully it will be more durable).
    Pre2 and Pre- have the same internal design except for the glass screen, CPU, and RAM so it makes sense for them to be interchangeable. The Pre3 should be durable considering how well made the Pre2 is. My Pre2 is built to last and feels good in my hand. The gorilla glass is just the icing on the cake.