Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I guess Verizon is liquidating their stock of Pre2's and getting ready for the Pre3. It's good time to buy a Pre2, besides it's a great phone with the perfect form factor.
    This is the reason I got one the other day. I saw that price and couldn't resist.
    I am assuming you mean 49.99. That is what verizon wireless is showing.
    That was exactly wt I was thkng. Typo
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    great deal for an underrated phone. i paid $99 for mine and i don't feel ripped off at all.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I paid $200 on craigslist and am very happy with my pre2 (SPRINT)... anyone who is waiting for a deal this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I paid $200 on craigslist and am very happy with my pre2 (SPRINT)... anyone who is waiting for a deal this is it.
    If I could only find a pre2 on CL...
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonepat11 View Post
    I got mine, from Verizonwireless.com, as an upgrade (not even a full My-2 discount) for $5.34 after taxes, delivered. That's five dollars and thirty four cents, to avoid any thought of typos.

I assumed, from the comment above, that this was a sale or push to clear inventory ahead of the Pre 3 release (similar to the push before they EOL'd teh Pre+ and were supposed to pick up the Pre 2).

It may not be available to everyone, though. I had my Pre+ 1 year this past March, so I'm not at the early 20 month window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    I guess Verizon is liquidating their stock of Pre2's and getting ready for the Pre3. It's good time to buy a Pre2, besides it's a great phone with the perfect form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonepat11 View Post
    No - I See it too. I am this close to upgrading my other plus. I already got one of these on my other line, and it IS a better phone in many ways.

but with 51 days 'til the pre 3 lands, should I wait? IDK!

BTW - I searched for this after seeing the price on VZW but didn't see it. It was only when I went to the pre 2 forum that I found it. search could be better, no?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    ...but with 51 days 'til the pre 3 lands, should I wait? IDK!

BTW - I searched for this after seeing the price on VZW but didn't see it. It was only when I went to the pre 2 forum that I found it. search could be better, no?
    Are you sure this is landing in 51 days on verizon???

Also which pre 2 forum did you find it in, Precentral or somewhere else? Can you provide a link? Please

thanks
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Could you provide a link to where you found this in the forums? I have not been able to locate it over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Could you provide a link to where you found this in the forums? I have not been able to locate it over there.
    +1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!

russ
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    My advice on this is to think twice about getting the VZW Pre 2. Yes, it truly is a great phone, but it is very obvious that VZW could care less about webOS devices. I doubt that we will ever see an update past 2.0.1. Yes, you will only spend $5 on the phone, but $5 of support from VZW is all you are going to get.
    2.1 has to be coming soon from VZW, I'm waiting!

When I sign in to my account, it shows the Pre 2 at $24.99, the same thing happened when it launched in February, the website seems to reflect corporate discounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    My advice on this is to think twice about getting the VZW Pre 2. Yes, it truly is a great phone, but it is very obvious that VZW could care less about webOS devices. I doubt that we will ever see an update past 2.0.1. Yes, you will only spend $5 on the phone, but $5 of support from VZW is all you are going to get.
    Sorry, but the Pre 2 is a very nice phone, and a significant upgrade over my Pre+. Even during the short period that it could run at 1GHz (it would reboot after a couple of hours), my Pre+ was a dog compared to my Pre 2. This phone feels more solid than my Pre+ did when it was new. For anyone looking for a new webOS phone, but unwilling to part with what will likely be around $150-200 for the Pre 3, this is a steal. If VZW doesn't push the 2.1 update out, or, better yet, jump right to 2.2, then I'll just meta-doctor.
    This forum!!! Gawd. also I already have one pre2 so don't tell me it's not worth it. I know better.

I only know what the pre3 countdown app says. It's in the preware feeds.

I see it at $4.99. Sorry you guys don't.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Sorry, but the Pre 2 is a very nice phone, and a significant upgrade over my Pre+. Even during the short period that it could run at 1GHz (it would reboot after a couple of hours), my Pre+ was a dog compared to my Pre 2. This phone feels more solid than my Pre+ did when it was new. For anyone looking for a new webOS phone, but unwilling to part with what will likely be around $150-200 for the Pre 3, this is a steal. If VZW doesn't push the 2.1 update out, or, better yet, jump right to 2.2, then I'll just meta-doctor.
    I never said it wasn't a great phone. Just understand that to Verizon you'll always be a second-class customer if you have a webOS phone. I love my Pre 2, but I hate the fact that I will never see an update within 6 months of its release.
    The Pre 2 is a nice little phone, but I would not pay $49.99 for what has become an non-supported device on VZW.

I see it at $4.99. Sorry you guys don't.
    Screenshot or it didn't happen!
    Screenshot or it didn't happen!
    No problem...it happened!
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast