Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I just completed my frankenpre2 surgery and everything is working great except my gps. I cant get a signal when I type ##gps#. It says position unavailable. Gps is definitely turned on in location services. I get gps when I am on wifi but thats probably just agps.

I did notice a white wire during my surgery and had some issues tucking it behind the comm board. Did I break it?
    ive never got my gps working after the com board swap. I thought it was normal :-(
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    ive never got my gps working after the com board swap. I thought it was normal :-(
    I haven't heard anything like that before
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Goto your location services and turn off the google location thing and keep only the GPS option selected ... that helped me out, cause when I had both of them checked it would be off by like 6 blocks... now its dead on. Give it a try
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Goto your location services and turn off the google location thing and keep only the GPS option selected ... that helped me out, cause when I had both of them checked it would be off by like 6 blocks... now its dead on. Give it a try
    tried this and Google maps doesn't get any location results. Sprint Nav gets no results either. Yup, definitely hose. Guess I'll have to take it apart again. I'm just afraid of doing more damage.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    You went to location services then hit top left preferences>locating me using> and then only have GPS checked off.

thats what I did sorry its not helping you ... maybe its a meta-doctor thing
    Huh. Reading this thread has shown me that my gps doesn't seem functional on my vzw pre 2. Looks like I need to do more doctoring to see if it's hardware or software.

edit: nevermind, it's just vzw navigator being dumb.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 07/31/2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Make sure you connected the black and white wire to the comm board .... You know you prob did but it doesnt hurt to check.
    You could have possibly wriggled the GPS wires loose in the comm swap (black and white wires) or you could look at this: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

My Sprint Pre- to GSM Unlocked Pre 2 conversion went without a hitch. It is fully functional.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    You could have possibly wriggled the GPS wires loose in the comm swap (black and white wires) or you could look at this: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

My Sprint Pre- to GSM Unlocked Pre 2 conversion went without a hitch. It is fully functional.

Well, you were definitely close. I snipped the wire when I was putting it back together. After a bit of tiny surgery, my GPS is now up and running!

Thanks all.

BTW, Pre 2 is an awesome phone.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Good to hear!!!!!!!!!